Sunday 10 March 2013

Suite 23 @ Park Regis Hotel, Singapore

Another long and busy day it was in Singapore and tonight, contrary to the last two nights weather, it was raining cats and dogs. That being said, it was just not practical for me to head out for dinner and hence decided to have it in the hotel. I stayed at Park Regis Hotel which is close to the Singapore River. I believe this hotel is 4 star and it was pretty good. They have a number of restaurants and bars here but I decided to patronise the coffee house located on the ground floor.

Inside The Coffee House

Nice Decor

Lounge Style

Some Private Cabins Too
This coffee house is known as Suite 23. As you can see from the above photos, the entire place is dimly lit at night to cater for the bar as well as the dining. They also have a great collection of wines. For those who are not having meals but just having some drinks, they have some lounge style seating too.

The Menu
This entire place was manned by a single Indian guy from India. I had a brief chat with him and he told me that he is from Kerala, India. He was extremely efficient in handling the guests. The menu was quite extensive. They had Western, Indonesian, Singaporean, Malay and even Vegetarian dishes. I settled for the Nasi Goreng Kampung and a Draft Beer.

Draft Beer @ SGD 10.00
My beer was the fastest to come. It was one of the best beers I have ever had. Reminded me of the quality beers we used to get at Colliseum Cafe in Kuala Lumpur. It was fresh, extremely cold and lovely. Definitely recommend this joint for a good beer.

Nasi Goreng Kampung @ SGD 16.00
 Well, this Nasi Goreng Kampung took a very long time to arrive, almost 25 minutes. It definitely did not look or taste like the ones we get in Malaysia or even Indonesia. This style must be native to Singapore. It came with a Sunny Side Up Egg, Rice Crackers, two pieces of flour coated Fried Chicken, two Chicken Satay and some Acar (pickles).

The taste was very average though spicy. The Rice Crackers seemed like it was fried last week, the Chicken Satay was so so, The Fried Chicken.....I had to force myself to finish it and the Rice was average too. I would only rate this dish 4.5/10 .

I guess, this is not a good place for food based on the dish that I tried but surely a good place for beer or wine. My total bill for the night came up to SGD 101.22 and that's because I had seven beers in total. The environment here was very cosy and a great place to have discussions or even work alone. As for me, it was a great place to unwind from a tired day.

Address: Suite 23, Park Regis Hotel Singapore, 
                23 Merchant Road, Singapore 058268

Telephone: +65 6818 8851

Opening Hours: 0630 - 0000 Daily


No comments:

Post a Comment