Thursday 8 June 2017

Nathan's Famous @ Putrajaya, Malaysia

Nathan's Famous is America's famous chain of Hot Dogs that has been in business for over a century. Just a few years back, they stepped onto the Malaysian soil to start their first ever branch in IOI City Mall, Putrajaya. I have always been wanting to drop by to give this a try and only got an opportunity to do so this evening. 

The Outlet on Level 1 of IOI City Mall, Putrajaya

Quite A Cosy Atmosphere
Nathan's Famous outlet is located on the First Floor of IOI City Mall. On the Ground Floor, they do have a kiosk as well selling only Hot Dogs and this outlet on the First Floor is a full fledged store selling all their food items. The place was huge and designed with customers comfort in mind.




Most of their items are designed around burgers and hot dogs with some fries. Choices are limited for non beef eaters but a non fussy diner should find this to be sufficient. Prices are definitely steep. Their signature drink which is their Lemonade is also on offer. Based on my observation, it is better to go for their set meals instead of individual food items. 

Bill For The Day

Waiting For Our Meals

Sauces

Lemonade
As you can see from the attached receipt, the price came up to RM 31.00 for two which I felt was quite steep. Not a place that you could dine often without burning a hole in your wallet. Their drinks however were reasonably priced as you get free flow of drinks. Their Lemonade was surely good and quite refreshing. Nevertheless, I have still tasted much better ones. My rating for this shall be 8/10. 

Onion Rings
Their Onion Rings were quite disappointing. The onions itself weren't fresh and as such, I could not taste the juices. The outer batter wasn't great either and felt very coarse to the tongue. For me, this is nowhere when compared to A&W's. My rating for this would be 5/10. 

Mushroom Cheese Fries
Their Mushroom Cheese Fries were another disappointment. The fries itself wasn't up to my expectations and I could hardly get any cheesy taste from the mushroom cheese topping. Portions were ridiculously small as well. 6/10 would be my rating for this.  

Sauteed Onions Chicken Hot Dog
Their famous Hot Dogs comes in a variety of combinations as seen above in their menu and I went for this version that comes with sauteed onions. Let me break this down please. The sauteed onions were nothing much and so were the buns. I found the onions to be quite bland in taste and their buns weren't the best of quality and it was a tad too dry. I would give their bun 6/10. However, their Chicken Frankfurter was simply awesome. That was totally excellent. I guess it is because of these frankfurters that they have gained such popularity. My rating for their frankfurters would be 9/10. 

Pulled Chicken Burger
Their Pulled Chicken Burger was a shame. For the price, it was a total washout as you can see from the above photograph. There was nothing much inside and I would definitely advise skipping this the next time. Taste wise, I would rate this at 6/10. 

It is great that we now have this famous American franchise in Malaysia. However, I did not find their food to be great. Their Hot Dogs were the only one that was good along with their Lemonade that was nice. Their Pulled Chicken Burger, Cheesy Mushroom Fries and Onions Rings that I tried weren't up to the mark. In fact, for the price that we paid, the portions were quite pathetic. I may only return for their Hot Dogs. The rest were nothing great and too expensive. 

Address: Level 1, IOI City Mall, 62502 Putrajaya, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment