Thursday 1 June 2017

Restoran Al - Sarifa @ Kajang, Selangor

Restoran Al - Sarifa came highly recommended for their Mutton Soup and Tandoori Chicken and this is from a friend who had been staying in Kajang for the last 20 years. This place isn't too far from where I live and they open 24 hours a day. That being said, I could visit them anytime, even when I leave office pretty late as most nights, that is exactly what I do. Today was one such evening and I decided to drop by at this place to check these two items out. 

Iced Tea @ RM 1.70
This restaurant is located in Kajang Sentral area and looks like one that has been around for a very long time. They occupy two shop lots, one has been air-conditioned and the other is an open space. The place was packed with customers and that's one of the reasons why I did not take photographs of the restaurant as I usually do. That's a good sign that this place is doing well. They seemed to have a huge variety of curries, even crab curries and that's surprising to find in an Indian Muslim restaurant. Besides that, their Chicken Rice, Nasi Lemak, Tandoori Chicken and Mutton Soup seemed to be top sellers as well. Despite passing this way daily, I never knew that this place was so famous. I then took my seat and ordered my meal and drink. Service was very efficient here. Each person would be assigned to a table and they would handle all the orders. It was so efficient and speedy. I got my drink in less than 5 minutes. I ordered Iced Tea and just like any other Indian Muslim restaurant, this too was perfectly fixed. Just the right level of sweetness to handle the melting ice cubes and it was good. I would rate their tea at 9/10.  

Mutton Soup @ RM 6.50
The flavours of this Mutton Soup was similar to the common ones that we get unlike the one that Sup Power Ali does which requires an acquired taste. One could opt to have this with bread too and since I was having some Tandoori Chicken as well, I decided not to go for the bread. The portion was good and it came with lots of mutton chunks and bones (not marrow). Bone marrow is not available here. It's plain meat cuts that you get. The soup itself was peppery and I loved the blend of spices. Definitely a good one and I would rate this at 8/10. 

Tandoori Chicken @ RM 6.50
Naan and Tandoori Chicken is prepared by a Pakistani guy and that ensures that we would get some authentic flavours. What I loved about this was the flavours and juicy, tender meat. Excellent utilisation of yoghurt. The part that I didn't like was the over utilisation of artificial colouring as it turned out to seem so artificial. Otherwise, it was definitely one that I enjoyed. Rating wise, I would give this 8/10 as well.  

The Bill
This place is definitely one of those Indian Muslim restaurants that is famous among the locals in Kajang and the crowd that you see here daily would prove this point. They have a good variety of curries, including Crab Curry and their other top sellers are their Tandoori Chicken and Mutton Soup. Both were quite impressive and reasonably priced for an air-conditioned restaurant. I am definitely coming back soon to try their rice and curries. And oh yes, their customer service was excellent too!

Address: G-22, Jalan TKS 1, Taman Kajang Sentral, 43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment