Tuesday 27 June 2017

Rice & Noodles House @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Rice & Noodles House is the newest restaurant to open in Tanjung Malim and they are located in Taman Anggerik Desa, just a few doors away from the famous Restoran Srri Tanjung Curry House. 

The Restaurant Along Jalan Cahaya

Daily Specialty Dishes Listed On The Board
This restaurant is open from 11 am till 2.30 pm and then again from 5 pm till 10 pm. We were here for an early dinner around 5.30 pm and the place was buzzing with customers. This could also be due to the fact that they are new and most people would be eager to try the food here. One strange thing that I observed here is that all the workers were Indonesians and even those in the kitchen were non Chinese. Only one Chinese lady was seen to be in the restaurant and it seemed like she was the lady boss and she too, didn't look Malaysian. I sensed that she was an Indonesian Chinese. I may be wrong but that was the feel that I got. 










Above is their full menu. Seems like they have a huge variety of dishes and the prices don't seem so cheap to me. Anyway, after going through the menu, we placed our orders with one of the Indonesian waitresses. It has been about an hour and non of the dishes came. I started observing those that came after us and they had gotten their dishes. I went back to check why my orders had not come and was surprised to find that they had skipped my orders and served the other customers first. That was something that got me fuming. Was it deliberate, I do not know. When I asked the girl that took the orders, she kept saying that she had sent the orders to the kitchen and is not responsible for what happens there. Similarly, the lady boss refused to even entertain me when I kept asking her. I had thoughts of leaving the restaurant but did not want to create a scene since it's my hometown. I believe the lady boss went into the kitchen and got the staffs to prepare our orders then. What happened in between, nobody knows and no one wanted to even open their mouth and give an explanation. Finally, at 7.00 pm, our dishes started arriving. 

Ulu Yam Fish Cake @ RM 5.80

Soft and Delicious
Their Ulu Yam Fish Cake was one that impressed me. It may not be as good as the one that we get in Ulu Yam, but it was still a fairly good one. Fried to perfection, the Fish Cake was soft, tender and juicy. One that I would recommend here. My rating for this shall be 9/10. 

Wild Boar Curry @ RM 8.50
Their Wild Boar Curry was horrible. The meat wasn't fresh and the curry was too salty. The kind of salty that you can't even put in your mouth. Horrible it was and I would only give this 3/10. A dish to skip here. 

Sliced Fish with Ginger & Onions @ RM 18.00
Honestly, this preparation was just okay. Firstly, the overall flavours weren't impressive. Secondly, the sliced fish itself was old stock and it didn't taste good. Definitely one that I would not order again at this restaurant and my rating for this shall be 5/10. 

Salted Eggs Tofu @ RM 8.80
Their Salted Eggs Tofu was impressive. The Tofu had been fried to a crisp and topped with melted salted eggs. Crunchy it was and at the same time, it gave a very delicious aftertaste. This would be a good one to have here. I would rate this at 9/10. 

Bacon Rolls @ RM 10.80
Their Bacon Rolls was not good. It was overdone and that's clearly visible. As a result, it had totally lost it's intended flavours. Not one that I would recommend here. My rating for this shall only be 3/10.  

The Bill For The Evening
Besides the Salted Egg Tofu and Ulu Yam Fish Cake, the rest of the dishes that we tried were horrible. Not only did it fail taste wise, prices too were steep. Besides this, the fact that we had been made to wait for 90 minutes for their mistake which no one even apologised when I asked for a clarification was another thing that totally put me off. Although these guy's are new in town, I would not be a returning customer. 

Address: No. 23, Jalan Cahaya, Taman Anggerik Desa, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 1430 & 1700 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment