Saturday 17 June 2017

Restoran Al Sarifa @ Kajang, Selangor

Restoran Al Sarifa is a 24 Hour restaurant that is located in Kajang Sentral area. I did visit this place a fortnight ago as they came highly recommended for their Mutton Soup and Tandoori Chicken, both of which I found to be reasonably good and it was during that visit that I observed that they had a good spread of curries that enticed me to come back and give that a try today. 

Always Crowded

Iced Tea @ RM 1.70
Every time I pass this way, the crowd at this restaurant is always overwhelming. Do note that they have another unit by the side that is air-conditioned and that too is mostly full house. Somehow, I managed to get a table and ordered my drink. Service is very efficient here and I admire the way they work. Within minutes, my drink was sent over. A good cup of tea it was and I would give it 9/10. 

My Meal @ RM 10.50
I had taken some rice, Fish Curry, Cabbage, Goat's Liver and some Mutton and the total bill came to RM 10.50 . For the portion and items that I had taken, it seemed like very reasonable to me. 

Fish Curry

Cabbage
Sadly, the food didn't taste as good as it looked. Their Fish Curry was quite watery and it just didn't taste like curry to me. I also sensed that they did cut down on the spices and that resulted in a rather bland tasting curry. I would only give their Fish Curry 5/10. The Cabbage was just okay to me. The cabbage itself was fresh and not over cooked but once again, the flavours were just not there. This too I shall give 5/10. 

Goat's Liver

Mutton
The Goat's Liver was not bad. It was cooked just right but the one that slacked is the lack of spices and the rather watery gravy. The same applies to their Mutton as well. I would rate both of these items at 6/10. 

The Bill
Honestly, the food wasn't anything to shout about. It's just an okay place to have a meal when you're hungry. Unlike their Mutton Soup and Tandoori Chicken which was quite good, their rice and curries were a let down.

Address: G-22, Jalan TKS 1, Taman Kajang Sentral, 43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Open 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment