Saturday 22 March 2014

Oiso Korean Traditional Cuisine & Cafe @ Tropicana City Mall, Petaling Jaya

Oiso Korean Traditional Cuisine & Cafe is one of the recently opened chain of Korean restaurants which is mainly found in prominent shopping malls in the Klang Valley. Up to today, they have six outlets in the Klang Valley. Being a fan of Korean food, I wanted to try them out for dinner as I was in Tropicana City Mall this evening. Do note that they do not have the Halal status as they serve alcohol on their menu but it is a Pork Free restaurant. 

Oiso Korean Traditional Cuisine & Cafe at Tropicana City Mall

They Were Full House

A Small Store Selling Korean Products

Full House This Evening
This place must really be very popular. It was full house when I arrived this evening and I had to queue up before being allocated a table. Luckily since I was alone, I managed to get a small table within 20 minutes of arriving. The restaurant was reasonably large and from what I can see tonight, most of their customers were Chinese with a handful of Malays and I was the sole Indian here. As mentioned earlier, this is a Pork Free restaurant but they do not have the Halal certification. They also do have a small store near the entrance selling a limited number of Korean products.

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
The menu definitely had a good and broad selection of dishes and sets and I must agree that the pricing is very reasonable, if not cheap. Since I was alone, there was not much that I could have ordered and having known what I wanted, it was done quite speedily. I must commend that the staffs here are definitely very efficient and friendly. 

Korean No.1 Coffee @ RM 3.90
A drink like this in a similar restaurant would have easily cost me anywhere near RM 10 but here it was a mere RM 3.90 . The Korean Coffee, served with some ice, was excellent. Tasted something like the Hong Kong Coffee except that it was a little more creamy. Definitely good coffee and I would rate this at 9/10 .

Mushroom & Tofu Stew Set @ RM 15.90
The above set came with a huge pot of mushroom and tofu stew, three side dishes and a bowl of rice. For RM 15.90, it is definitely a good deal.

Bowl of White Rice

Bowl of White Rice
I do not know if this rice is imported, but it seems so as it tastes similar to the rice that is served in the high end Korean restaurants. Though it may seem like little, it is good to satisfy a heavy eater. I would rate the above at 9/10 .

Fried Sweet Anchovies with Chili
Though the portion seems small, it was good for one. The anchovies were well prepared and were up to the mark. I would rate the above at 8.5/10 .

Lotus Root with Fermented Bean Curd
This one was excellent. The Lotus Root was sweet with juices and the fermented bean curd was just up to the right amount giving it a very balanced flavour. I would rate this at 9.4/10 .

Kimchi Cabbage
Again another good dish. The Kimchi was of a good quality, though not excellent. I would rate it at 8/10 .

Mushroom & Tofu Stew

Mushroom & Tofu Stew
Served  piping hot with an additional candle burner at the base, this dish was heavenly. Served with loads of Tofu, Enoki Mushrooms & Vegetables in a hot and spicy soup, this dish was perfect. I enjoyed every drop of the soup and the ingredients. A wonderful  and highly recommended dish that deserves a rating of 9.7/10 . 

Kimchi Pancake @ RM 9.90

Kimchi Pancake @ RM 9.90
The Kimchi Pancake is one of my favourite Korean dishes and I always make it a point to order this dish at every Korean restaurant that I visit. Here, this dish was one of the best preparations that I have ever tried. Comes in a large portion that is good for three or four people. There was also a lavish amount of Kimchi added to the pancake whereby you no longer need any sides to dip the pancake before consuming. Excellent preparation and I would rate this at 9.8/10 .

List of their Outlets
On the whole, I am very satisfied with the meal today. The food here is good, the service is friendly & efficient and the prices are very much wallet friendly. Definitely a Korean restaurant that I would frequent. 

Address: Lot G-13, Ground Floor, Tropicana City Mall,
                3, Jalan SS 20/27, Damansara Jaya,
                47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the blog and feedback....my hubby and I wanted to try out this place for sometime now and we were motivated after reading your blog....it was helpful and we had a wonderful dinner there too... Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome Sook Lin. Glad that you had a great meal there.

      Delete