Monday 31 March 2014

Restoran Ratha Raub @ Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya

Every time I make a trip to Genting Highlands, I would definitely make a stop at Restoran Ratha Raub that is located in Goh Tong Jaya. Originating from Raub, Pahang , this restaurant has now opened a new outlet in Damansara Utama and thanks to them as I can now taste their famous Fish Head Curry in my own neighborhood. 

Restoran Ratha Raub in Damansara Utama

Entrance to the Restaurant

Breakfast Offerings

Ground Floor
This outlet in Damansara Utama, is located along the main row facing the LDP, just a few doors away from Vichuda Tom Yam. It occupies two floors and is beautifully designed to a modern theme. I have always loved their Fish Head Curry, as it has been one of the best ones that I have tried. Unfortunately today, I am alone and would not have the privilege of trying that dish as that is good for a small to large group.

Brief History of the Restaurant

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
One could either walk up to the counter, check out the dishes and place the orders or place the orders by browsing the menu from your table. The service was speedy and I was immediately attended to by the waiter. Since alone, I decided to go for a number of small dishes, just to try as many dishes possible.

Teh Ais @ RM 2.20
The Tea was very good and had an Indian touch to it. Despite being Iced Tea, they did not overdo the ice and dilute the drink. It was fixed perfectly with the right balance. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

White Rice @ RM 1.60

Mutton Curry @ RM 8.00

Mutton Curry @ RM 8.00
The Mutton Curry was once again good. Lean chunks of mutton were served in a thick, aromatic and delicious gravy. Not overly spiced, it was the perfect balance that would appeal to everyone's palate. I would rate this dish at 9.2/10 .

Fried Lamb @ RM 9.00

Fried Lamb @ RM 9.00
Another one of their specialty dishes here, the Fried Lamb is a must try for Lamb lovers! Thin slice of lamb shoulder, coated with Indian spices and deep fried to a golden brown colour. This was heavenly. Despite being deep fried, the lamb was tender and even the bones were chewy. Another highly recommended dish here. I would rate this at 9/10 .

Chicken Curry
I had asked for some Chicken Curry and they had obligingly provided it. The curry once again was good, although it seemed to be slightly oily. Taste wise, it was good. Whats good here is that their curries are not overly spicy and it would suit well across a broad spectrum of customers unlike some of those Indian restaurants which cook their curries to an overly spicy level. I shall rate this at 8.7/10 .

Contact Information
Although some may argue that their prices are slightly high, I would still say that it's truly worth it. The food is good and is served in a clean and cosy air conditioned environment. Being such, it is just not fair to compare the prices with those common Indian or Indian Muslim restaurants and the slight premium charged, it truly justified. I am waiting for another opportunity to come here in a larger group, perhaps with my family to once again treat myself to their delicious Fish Head Curry.

Address: No.32, Jalan SS21/35, Damansara Uptown,
                47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +6012 928 7909 , +6019 930 5577 & +603 7733 9287

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2200 Daily

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Restoran-Ratha-Famous-Raub-Kari-Kepala-Ikan/185433738173087?sk=timeline

2 comments:

  1. Based on your writeup, I decided to have breakfast here this morning. Best roti telur I've ever had! Thanks for recommending :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, that's great! Glad that you enjoyed the food there too :)

      Delete