Saturday 29 March 2014

Restoran Salam 1 Cafe @ Bukit Beruntung, Selangor

This is the branch outlet of Salam Sentosa Restaurant that is located in Bukit Sentosa. This one is called Salam 1 Cafe and is located on the Bukit Beruntung side right after the Tesco warehouse. 

Salam 1 Cafe in Bukit Beruntung

Busy Day At The Restaurant

Interior of the Restaurant

Interior of the Restaurant
I have been to this restaurant numerous times but most of it has been during working hours to meet some of my clients there. This is the first time that I am here at night. Do note that there may not be as many varieties here as you get in their other restaurant which is a mere 10 minutes away. Nevertheless, the younger crowd, seems to prefer this to that. We arrived here at 10 pm and the restaurant was packed with customers. It took a while for even the orders to be taken. After numerous attempts at trying to get them to take the orders, we finally managed to get the orders through after being here for about 15 minutes.

Indo Mee Goreng @ RM 4.00

Indo Mee Goreng @ RM 4.00
My brother ordered the above Indo Mee Goreng as this is one of his favourite dishes. It arrived in 10 minutes even before the drinks. The dish was just so so, not sure if the crowd factor contributed to this. I did taste it too and it was just okay, quite flat in taste to be honest. I would rate this at 6/10 .

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.40
Right after the noodles, my drink arrived. The Tea's standard too was not up to the mark today. I used to enjoy their Tea here and not sure why it's not the norms here today. I would rate this at 8.5/10 only.

Murtabak Ayam @ RM 5.80
I was actually annoyed and ended up voicing my anger a few times as I had to wait so long for my food. Already it was 10 pm and I had been starving for a long time and now, my Murtabak only arrives after an hour which is just not acceptable.

Chicken Murtabak

The Fillings
Taste wise, the Murtabak was good but sad that the service was not up to the expectations tonight. The fillings were lavish and it came with a good amount of chicken in it. I would rate this at 9.2/10 .

Onion in Syrup
This is one of my favourite dip sauce for Murtabak. Here, the preparation was nice but not perfect. I would rate this at 7/10 . This can be definitely improved with slight changes to their recipe. 

Chicken Curry
They also provided the above Chicken Gravy, it was a little too watery with insufficient condiments. I would rate this at 6.8/10 .

Dhall
The Dhall was even worse than the Chicken gravy. It was watery and lacked salt. My rating for this shall be 6.2/10 .

Chicken Tomyam Soup @ RM 4.80

Chicken Tomyam Soup @ RM 4.80
I had actually ordered the usual Indian Muslim Chicken Soup and the waiter should have told me that they do not have it. However, he just took the orders and sent this bowl of Chicken Tomyam Soup after 1 1/2 hours. I was pissed off when I saw this, called him and questioned, but he seemed to have a blank expression on his face. Feeling sorry for him as he was genuinely trying his best to get the dishes out fastest possible, I just dismissed him and continued with the soup. The soup too was not up to the expectation, it was too sour and being a Tomyam dish, it lacked the spiciness. I would rate this dish at 5.5/10 .

Definitely our dinner was a disaster today. The food were all bad, at least not up to their usual standards. From this I have learned that should never visit this restaurant when they are packed. I should have gone to their other restaurant, at least there, I would have had a much better meal.

Address: 51, Jalan Inai 2, Seksyen BB3, Bukit Beruntung,
                48300 Rawang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

Telephone: +603 6028 1161

No comments:

Post a Comment