Tuesday 27 January 2015

Azz Corner Tomyam @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Azz Corner Tomyam is one of the recent additions to the Tom Yam stalls scene in Tanjung Malim, Perak. Previously, this very stall was known as Masha Beriani Bistro and they used to sell Beriani, as the name suggests during the day. I was informed by a friend who disposed the business that now, he rents this space to this stall which operates from 4 pm to 2 am daily.

Azz Corner Tomyam in Tanjung Malim

The Stall Right Next To MSV Auto

Simple Yet Clean
This stall is located in Kg, Berop, right beside MSV Auto. For those who are familiar with Tanjung Malim, finding this place is not a problem. For those who are not, just ask anyone where Kg. Berop is and you would be guided to this place. During the day, the stall is closed. Being a fan of Tomyam myself, I decided to give the place a try tonight. Since I was alone, there is a limit as to what I could try out but I am definitely hoping for a good meal. When I arrived here, it was almost 11 pm and yet there were quite a number of customers. In fact, at the time that I was there, the flow of customers were good. I am not saying that they were house full but at any point in time, there were at least five tables that were occupied with customers having their meal. Hardly you see anyone sitting here with just a drink and chatting for hours. All their customers were serious diners. 

Teh O Ice
Orders were taken by a Malay guy and the moment the orders were handed over to the kitchen, a lady, whom I believe is the boss, get's on with the cooking. Service was quite prompt. The only setback would be that they do not have a menu card here and hence, the ordering were done by just mentioning the dishes that you would like to have. If they can do it, they would serve it. The other setback of not having a menu is that I was not able to gauge the prices of the individual items but I shall nevertheless mention the total meal cost towards the end of this entry. I ordered the above Teh O Ice and it was sent over almost instantaneously. The Teh O Ice was quite nice, slightly sweet but a bearable sweetness. I would rate this drink at 8.5/10 .

White Rice

Kailan Ikan Masin

Kailan Ikan Masin
Unlike other Tomyam places which send all the items at one time, here they served me as and when the dishes were ready. The White Rice and the above Kailan Ikan Masin were sent first. This is one of my favourite dishes. The portion here was much larger than other Tomyam places that I have seen. The taste of the above dish was simply fantastic. Salted Fish was not used sparingly and the dish tasted very good. I would rate this at 9.4/10 . A wonderful preparation.

Ayam Masak Merah

Ayam Masak Merah
The preparation of this Ayam Masak Merah was slightly oily but it tasted delicious. It seems that all the dishes here were on the spicy side and I absolutely loved it. The portion was once again larger than the others out there. A tasty preparation that deserves a rating of 9.5/10 .

Tomyam Soup

Tomyam Soup

Tomyam Soup
The Tomyam Soup was also served in a relatively large bowl which would have been good for two. The preparation was super spicy, which even got me coughing a couple of times but it was awesome. Super good and this is highly recommended here. I would rate this at 9.9/10 .

My meal today costed me RM 18.00 . Slightly on the high side but not to forget that the portion was larger than usual and the ingredients used were lavish thus churning out delicious dishes. All the three dishes that I tried today were very good and now, this stall would become my benchmark in gauging other Tomyam restaurants in town. I have tried numerous Tomyam places in Tanjung Malim and by far, this is the best. You get an absolutely similar taste to Restoran Vichuda that is famous in Damansara Utama. Going forward, this would definitely be my favourite Tomyam joint in town. A taste to remember!

Address: No. 4617, Jalan Slim Baru, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1600 - 0200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment