Tuesday 13 January 2015

Restoran S.S. Satay (Satay Boss) @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

This restaurant used to be known as Sate Kolumpo previously and recently, it had changed it's name to Restoran S.S. Satay (Satay Boss) which I believe is a management take over by a group that is famous in Seri Kembangan. Having heard of this change, I decided to give the place a try this afternoon. Since they are quite famous in Seri Kembangan, there should be something good here that must be driving customers over to their restaurant. 

The Restaurant Located Next To Old Town White Coffee

The Restaurant Located Next To Old Town White Coffee

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant
The interior is very much the same and has not changed much. What I like most about this place is the cleanliness. Parking can sometimes be an issue during the day but come night, it should not be a problem. 

Satay Being Prepared

Me At The Restaurant

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.50
Once seated, my orders were taken. It all happened very fast and I did not have to wait long for my orders to be taken. Within minutes, my drink was served. Their Teh O Ice was quite nice and I would rate it at 7.5/10 .

Chicken Satay @ RM 0.90 per stick

Chicken Satay @ RM 0.90 per stick

Chicken Satay @ RM 0.90 per stick
The Satay's were thick and juicy, mildly sweet and with some spices aftertaste. They only use lean meat and discard the fat. After trying this Satay, I must admit that it is definitely better in terms of taste and quality than that of Satay Kajang Hj. Samuri. At 90 cents per stick, it is definitely worth it. Previously this used to be 80 cents per stick but that slight increase would surely not deter customers from coming here. I would rate this Satay at 8.8/10 . If you ask me to compare this with Abuya Satay House, I would say that both are good in their own ways. I am not able to even compare apple to apple when it comes to pricing as these Satay's are much thicker than what is sold there.

Cucumber and Onions
The Cucumber was a slight let down as it was not fresh and refrigerated material. The Onions on the other hand were good. This however is nothing to shout or complaint about as it is just something that is served on the sides. It would however be better if they were fresh produce. Just my two cents.

Peanut Sauce

Peanut Sauce
The Peanut Sauce definitely differs from the previous owner. Last time, it used to be thick and was slightly on the spicy side. This however was more diluted, the peanuts were finely ground and it was much sweeter. Both are good in their own ways. As for this, I would rate it at 8/10 .

Cashier
Once the meal was done, I asked them to calculate the bill and one of the waiters instructed me to head towards the end of the restaurant where the cashier counter was. It is good that they are practicing a single payment center but it was weird that it was located at the rear of the restaurant and not at the entrance. Nothing wrong with this, but it just felt weird. Overall, the meal was a satisfactory one. The Satay was good and the prices seemed reasonable. Definitely a place that I would return. Do note that they also do home delivery service. For more details, please go through their Facebook Timeline which I have included here in the blog.

Address: Lot 16448, Ground Floor, Jalan Slim, Batu 1,
                35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Telephone: +6019 5959 792 & +6019 4342 198 & +6012 368 7509

Opening Hours: 1600 - 0000 Daily (or until sold out)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SATAYBOSS

No comments:

Post a Comment