Friday 16 January 2015

The Taste Terminal @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

The Taste Terminal is a relatively new restaurant that has opened it's doors in Tanjung Malim. This restaurant is located along Jalan Douglas facing the side of Agro Bank and not too far from the Bus Station. I have been observing this restaurant for a few weeks now. Their business is not great but there is always a few customers there at any point in time. The restaurant itself looks a little shabby and is not like the usual restaurants that one would imagine. This is because they are located in those pre war row of shops that has seen it's share of beating through the years. I did try inviting a few of my friends to join me tonight but no one seemed to be interested when I mentioned the place that I was going to. Anyway, I decided to go and check the place out all by myself.

The Stall Outside The Shop

Open Air Seats

Price List
Food is prepared outside the restaurant. I always see the sign Roti Bakar Telur Meleleh but never understood what it actually was. Even as I am here now, I see him preparing some burgers. Being confused, I just stood and watched. The guy preparing the food never spoke a word to me even though I had been standing for more than 5 minutes in front of him. I assumed that he must be engrossed with whatever he was preparing. I just kept still and took more photographs of the place. Then came another guy from the inside and he greeted me and passed me the menu for me to have a look at the food items offered here. He then told me to go through while he goes inside and fixes some drinks for the customers there. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

Preparing The Food Orders

His Work Area
Well, I was pretty much correct as all the items in the menu comprised of toasts and burgers. It was good that they had included pictures too for easier understanding. Mostly they were Chicken, Beef and Lamb. All their patties were homemade stuffs and not the normal ones that we would usually buy off the shelf.  So to sum up, this place is actually a burger joint. I then placed my orders and went in to sit. I had initially wanted to try their Lamb Burger but Lamb was unavailable. Only Beef and Chicken were available. I guess they do not stock up on Lamb as the demand is not really there. 

Indoor Seating Area

Indoor Seating Area

Indoor Seating Area
The indoor seating area was small but cosy. I like the design of the place as it was simple yet nice. They also sell some frozen food items along with some baked cakes and cookies. I believe this restaurant is attached to some Bumiputra establishment that manufactures these items and besides the usual food that is sold here, they also sell the other produce by the same establishment. 

Teh O @ RM 1.20

Teh O @ RM 1.20

Cutlery
For drinks, I ordered a glass of Teh O and it was served in a nice mug. The Teh O was very mildly sweetened, just the way I like it and it was priced at RM 1.20 which seemed a very reasonable price to me. The drink too was served fairly quickly. I would rate this Teh O at 8/10 .

Roti Bakar Telur Meleleh @ RM 2.80

Roti Bakar Telur Meleleh @ RM 2.80

Roti Bakar Telur Meleleh @ RM 2.80
In 15 minutes time, my Roti Bakar Telur Meleleh arrives. I went for the basic one which was priced at RM 2.80 . You could choose to add on other items and these are all itemised in their menu. They had used the Penang Indian Muslim Bread (often mentioned wrongly as Roti Benggali) which comes with a layer of egg which had been toasted along with a thick layer of Mayonnaise, a dash of White Pepper and some Barbecue Sauce. For me, the Mayonnaise was a little too much and would have tasted better if the amount of Pepper and Barbecue Sauce were increased. The first half was fine but as you go on, the taste of the Mayonnaise just puts you off. For those who love Mayonnaise, this would be a lovely treat. For me, my preference would have been what I just mentioned earlier. As taste buds differ, I would rate this at 7/10 .

Burger Onlong Ayam TTT @ RM 6.00

Burger Onlong Ayam TTT @ RM 6.00

Burger Onlong Ayam TTT @ RM 6.00

Burger Onlong Ayam TTT @ RM 6.00
Their Chicken Oblong Burger was quite huge and this alone would have been sufficient for an average eater. It came with a thick Chicken Patty, coated with Barbecue Sauce and served with some Salad, Onions, Mustard Sauce, Mayonnaise and two soft buns. The price of RM 6.00 was definitely reasonable bearing in mind the size and amount of ingredients used. I enjoyed this very much, in fact much more than the earlier toast. I would highly recommend this and would rate it at 9/10 .

Some Information
I definitely enjoyed their drink and Oblong Chicken Burger. Their Toast with Egg was nice too but could have been improved. Perhaps, I should next time request them to use lesser Mayonnaise for me. Overall, the place is quiet and good for having conversations. Food is reasonable. I would be dropping by soon to try out their other burgers.

Address: No. 3, Jalan Douglas, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2300 Daily

Telephone: +6011 1250 2680

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Taste-Terminal/1388880664698694

No comments:

Post a Comment