Sunday 27 July 2014

Krishna Curry House @ Jalan SS9A/19, Petaling Jaya

It was just two days ago that we visited Krishna's for lunch. Having being hooked on to their Claypot Mutton, my brother and I returned again this evening, this time to try out their Briyani.

Krishna Curry House in Petaling Jaya

Interior of the Restaurant

Interior of the Restaurant
We arrived here late evening, somewhere around 6.30 pm and the restaurant was quite empty. It's not unusual to see this but later as it passed 7.00 pm, the crowd started coming in. We wanted to have Briyani but both their Chicken and Mutton Briyani had been sold out. The only thing they had left was their Plain Briyani.

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.20
Whenever I come here, I always order their Teh O Ice as I quite like the preparation here. It is prepared with a lavish amount of tea and not diluted. I would rate this preparation at 9.5/10 .

Plain Briyani Rice

Plain Briyani Rice
The Plain Briyani Rice was served in a huge plate. It was definitely a huge portion and I could do with just half of it. Taste wise, it was very good. I would rate their Briyani rice at 8.9/10 .

Briyani Set @ RM 8.00
Since they were out of the Chicken and Mutton Briyani, they charged us RM 8.00 for the above set. Of course, this is served on the classic banana leaf along with three different vegetables, papadam and pickles.

Cabbage Perattal
Today, the cabbage was prepared slightly different. They have added more turmeric and also added grated coconut into the preparation. Taste wise, it was average. As I have mentioned before, vegetarian dishes here are never good, it is always the meaty preparations that score wonderfully high. I would rate this at 6/10 only.

Vegetable
This veggie too was just above average. Nothing great about it. I would only rate this at 5/10 .

Claypot Mutton @ RM 10.00

Claypot Mutton @ RM 10.00
This is my all time favourite at this restaurant. Without fail, I must order this dish every time I come here and today too, this dish was simply fantastic. The red thick gravy was heavenly spiced along with a mixture of mutton chunks and bones, made this dish a heavenly treat. I am yet to see a restaurant that prepares this dish better. As always, this dish scores a perfect 10/10 . A must try dish!!!

Fried Cuttlefish @ RM 20.00

Fried Cuttlefish @ RM 20.00
The cuttlefish is chosen at their seafood counter. The price is based on the size of the meat cut. We choose a reasonably large one and it was priced at RM 20.00 . The preparation was fantastic. Loved the way it was fried to a crisp. The spices and batter used to coat was also perfect. Definitely one of the best fried cuttlefish preparations in the Klang Valley. I would rate this at 9.6/10 

Dinner in Progress
The vegetables aside, the rest of the meal was perfect as expected. Somehow, all their meaty dishes are consistent in taste since the first time I dined at this restaurant some 19 years ago. Love the food here and would return again for more.

Address: D-G & E-G, Jalan SS9A/19, Seri Setia, Sunway 51A Business Park,
                47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +603 7865 7469

Email: krishnacurryhouse@ymail.com

Website: http://krishnacurryhouse.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment