Monday 14 August 2017

East Cafe @ Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

This morning, I had to visit Sime Darby Convention Centre for some work related matters and since I was rather early, I was looking for a place to have breakfast. There were a number of premium restaurants inside this convention centre but I wanted some place simple that offered simple meals. That was when I came across East Cafe which is a fusion bakery that sells a handful of main entrees as well. 

East Cafe Located On The Ground Floor

Good Selection Of Pastries & Puffs

Our Bill For The Day
Despite being a simple bakery cum coffee house, the place was beautifully designed with some very cosy seating. Both indoor and outdoor seating areas were available. East Cafe is located on the Ground Floor, quite close to the main entrance. The concept is quite simple. They had a range of puffs and pastries and some Nasi Lemak since it was rather early. So we decided to try both and paid for them first before heading to one of the tables, very similar to Starbucks and other famous coffee chains. 

Nescafe Tarik
As you can see from the attached bill, prices are typical convention centre prices but the quality that you get from the food, drinks and environment was totally worth it. In fact, for all that we got, I would say that it was rather worth it. The Nescafe was perfectly fixed and it wasn't overly sweet. My rating for this shall be 8/10. 

Chicken Curry Puff

You Actually Get Real Chicken In It
This Curry Chicken Puff was one of the best puffs that I have come across. Unlike the rest that only comes with plain curry, this was actually filled with minced chicken and it totally filled the puffs. The size of the puff was pretty large as well and good to fill a moderate eater. The crispy layers of the puff were excellent and so was the curry fillings. 10/10 is what I shall be giving for this. Highly recommended!

Nasi Lemak Bungkus

Super Delicious Sambal
I also went for a Nasi Lemak Bungkus and this bungkus was quite big in that sense. Way bigger than the standard roadside stalls. It came with generous amount of sambal, anchovies, peanuts and a hard boiled egg. Taste wise, it was so good so much so I was contemplating if I should go for another one. An excellent Nasi Lemak and I would highly recommend this. 9/10 is what I shall be rating this. 

Despite having had to pay Convention Centre prices, I would say that it was totally worth it. The environment was 5 Star and so was the food. The Nasi Lemak that we had was excellent and they were generous with the portions. Even the 'bungkus' itself was larger than usual. And their Curry Chicken Puffs actually came filled with minced chicken cooked in delicious curry. When I say filled, it was literally stuffed to the maximum. The pastry was perfect too. This is probably the best cafe that I have come across in convention centres in Malaysia.

Address: Sime Darby Convention Centre, 1a, Jalan Bukit Kiara 1, Bukit Kiara, 
                60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Business Hours: 0800 - 2100

No comments:

Post a Comment