Sunday 23 November 2014

Restoran Nesan Curry House @ Rawang, Selangor

Nesan Curry House needs no further introduction to the people living in Rawang, Selangor. This is the most famous Tamil restaurant in Rawang. My parents have always been a strong supporter of this restaurant. Everytime they come to Kuala Lumpur, on their way back, they would make it a point to stop at this restaurant which is located along Jalan Welman, Rawang. Jalan Welman is right at the heart of the old Rawang town and it is not difficult to find this place. As we were driving to Rawang using the old trunk road, my brother and I decided to give this place a try. There are two Nesan Curry House's along the same street, both belonging to the same owners. One is at Unit 54 and the other is at Unit 59. Today's visit is to the older of the two which is Unit 54.

Staff Making Appam and Puttu

Quite a Number Of Customers Even At The Hour

Price List, Unfortunately Not So Clearly Visible

Cashier, Not Sure If He Is The Owner
My parents always come here for lunch and I heard from them that the spread is good, food is tasty and priced very reasonably. It was late when we arrived and we could not savour their lunch offering. If I remember correctly, it was 8.30 pm when we arrived and even at that hour, there were so many customers in the shop. I was told that this older restaurant closes at  at 10.15 whereas the newer one closes slightly later at around 11.30 pm. 

Delicious Looking Vegetables
At this time, most people were going for those Tiffin items and I was glad to see that they had a good spread. To mention some, they have Idiyappam, Tosai (a variety of them), Kutthu Barotta (a few varieties too), Idli, Pal Appam, Kuzhal Puttu, Capati , Mee & Magee Goreng and also White Rice. The spread of vegetables were not that much, about eight different types, but they all looked delicious. As for the meat items that were left, only Chicken Varuval was available and even those items mentioned above were very quick to finish. It seems that they know their business well and have prepared sufficiently to last till their closing hours so that no food items are left over. The staffs here too are very friendly and quick to respond to customers. Ordering was a breeze and it was just a short wait before the drinks and food were served.

Teh O @ RM 1.00
Very reasonably priced, their Teh O was very good. It was served boiling hot and was just perfect. I would rate this at 9/10 .

Coffee @ RM 1.30
The Coffee too was very good and it was made using fresh milk. I would rate their Coffee at 9.4/10 .

Capati @ RM 1.30 each

Capati @ RM 1.30 each

My Brother Too Having Capati
We had three Capati's in total and they were priced at RM 1.30 each. Their Capati's were fantastic! Just at the right thickness, not too thin and not too thick, it was soft and delicious. Even in Tanjung Malim, one Capati is generally priced at RM 1.50 and it is much thinner than this one and I was surprised to learn their price which was much cheaper, especially when comparing the thickness. I would rate this at 9.6/10 .

Chicken Varuval @ RM 4.00

Chicken Varuval @ RM 4.00
Their Chicken Varuval cost us only RM 4.00 per plate and the portion was huge. Taste wise, it was simply one of the best Chicken Varuval's that I have tried in a really long time. Spicy and juicy, it was simple delicious. I would rate this at 9.8/10 . Would highly recommend dish!

Kirai and Dhall Kadaiyal @ RM 1.00

Kirai and Dhall Kadaiyal @ RM 1.00
I had the above Kirai Kadaiyal to go with the Capati. For a huge portion, it was priced at only RM 1.00 . Definitely very cheap and the taste was just heavenly. I wonder how they could prepare a simple dish like this to be so good. I would rate this at 10/10 .

Tauhu Sambal @ RM 1.00

Tauhu Sambal @ RM 1.00
The Tauhu Sambal too was simply awesome. Do note that this can be a tad too spicy for many people but being a person who loves spicy food, I just enjoyed this. The gravy too was sweet and spicy.I would rate this at 9.7/10 .

Bill
Overall, I must confess that the food here was simply out of this world. I do hope that I would return one of these days to try out their lunch. The only problem here is the parking as there is limited parking spaces available. Best would be to take the Komuter as this place is a mere 300 meters from the Komuter station. I would definitely be returning soon and would highly recommend this place to anyone who loves Tamil food.

Address: 54 & 59, Jalan Welman, 48000 Rawang,
                Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +6019 6636 824

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2215 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment