Monday 11 January 2016

Mila + Madi Corner @ Selayang, Selangor

Nasi Lemak is one dish that most Malaysians love and it is common practice for Malaysians to have either Nasi Lemak or Roti Canai for breakfast and I am no exception either. Having heard of this good Nasi Lemak place in Bandar Baru Selayang, I made it a point to visit them this morning. Since I had some errands in this locality, it just made things even more convenient for me. Food first and work next.

The Stall Located in Medan Selera MPS, on the Right Wing

Stall No.20

Price List
This stall is famously known as Nasi Lemak Stadium as it is located opposite the stadium in Bandar Baru Selayang. inside the Medan Selera MPS complex. Many a time, I have come across some great eateries in simple places like this. The last time I was here, I was introduced to a fantastic Tempoyak Patin Sangkar and Patin Goreng which could easily score as the best one that I have tried outside of Pahang. This time around, I've been told of this Nasi Lemak place and I was surprised to find that they were both neighbours. I wonder how I had missed them the last trip here. Just like any other Medan Selera, the place is simple yet comfortable. The prices were clearly displayed and so, there's absolutely no room for any kind of disagreement later on. Service was basic. Just walk over to the counter, order your dishes and back to the table and they would serve you in a matter of minutes. The crowd was very encouraging. In fact, though there were a number of stalls selling Nasi Lemak, this was the  most crowded. In fact, the rest looked somewhat deserted. That was surely an encouraging indication as it shows that the place is as good as it was recommended. Despite being busy, the girls were very fast and they served with a smile. Lovely to see that!

Coffee @ RM 1.50
Drinks were served first and the above Coffee was priced at RM 1.50 . Pretty standard pricing for these Medan Selera stalls. The Coffee was good. Milk and the sweetness was just perfect. I would rate this at 9/10 .

Nasi Lemak + Sambal Sotong @ RM 3.50
In a matter of minutes, my Nasi Lemak set was served. They had a variety of sides to choose from. Sambal Sotong, Sambal Kerang, Ayam Masak Merah, Fried Chicken, Sotong Goreng Kunyit and some Beef dishes. Sambal Sotong being one of my favourites, I went for that and in total, it was priced at RM 3.50 . For Rice, Sambal, Fried Egg, Fried Anchovies & Peanuts and Sambal Sotong, RM 3.50 was an excellent deal. 

Fragrant Rice
Wow!!! The rice was just awesome. In all honesty, I have never tasted one that is as good as this. It was just so creamy that I would not mind having the rice alone with no sambal or sides to go with it. Perfection it was. One look at it and I knew that it was going to be awesome. The aroma was seducing my taste buds and the taste...... wah!!! I just can't express my joy of coming here this morning. It just made my day. Just excellent and it would be unfair to rate this anything less than a perfect 10/10. 

Spicy Sambal
Just look at that Sambal. Even as I write this, I am salivating. The memory of it's taste remains so vividly in my mind. A strong bodied, spicy sambal that's so authentically 'kampung' like. The combination of having some creamy rice along with this sambal was just heavenly. Another winner and I would rate this at 9.5/10 . 

Sambal Sotong
Their Sambal Sotong was no exception and it tasted great. Perfectly done cuttlefish was cooked with some mildly spicy sambal and it was a delight. Not the best that I have tried, nevertheless still good. Maybe it's just my preference. I always prefer my Sambal Sotong to be a tad spicier and this just wasn't there. Otherwise, still better than most places. Based on my taste buds, I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

In summary, the Nasi Lemak was just awesome and the Sambal Sotong was good. If you are a Nasi Lemak fan, then this is one place that I would strongly recommend. Excellent food, lovely people and reasonable prices. Personally. am definitely looking forward to a second trip.

Address: Stall No. 20, Medan Selera MPS, Persiaran 2, Bandar Baru Selayang,
                68100 Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0630 - 1400

5 comments: