Monday 30 November 2015

Gloria Jean's Coffees @ Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur

When it comes to cafe's, most of the time I would be heading to Starbucks or Coffee Bean and though I have come across Gloria Jean's a number of times, I have never set foot into any one of their cafe's. Having been here at Institut Jantung Negara (IJN) this morning, I was looking for a place to have breakfast and since I have tried all the other outlets in the cafeteria, I decided on giving this place a try instead. This outlet is located  at the Lobby Area, old wing. Impossible to miss the place as it is very close to the main entrance to the hospital. 

Entrance To The Cafe

Simple and Nice

Pastries and Bun's Were Available Too
It isn't that big a place actually. At most, they can accommodate roughly 30 pax at any one time. I guess this is more than enough for them as most people would prefer to head over to the cafeteria as the food there is much cheaper. However, for people like me who would need to do some work on their laptop's while having breakfast or even perhaps a conducive place for discussions, then this would be an ideal choice. Their WiFi connection is very good. Perhaps better than what we get at Starbucks.

Prices Displayed At The Entrance

Breakfast Sets

Drinks Selection

Cold Drinks
Choices were okay, very much similar to their other competitors. They had a selection of buns & pastries along with some breakfast sets that comes with a drink. I choose their Glorious Breakfast Set and this was priced at RM 15.90 . Since that came with a Coffee, there was no need for me to get an additional drink. Having paid for the items, I returned to my table.

Caffe Americano

Caffe Americano
It was a mild bodied coffee, perhaps slightly milder to the brew that we get at their competitor's. Nevertheless, it was nice and I enjoyed it. And yes, the drink was sent over in around 10 minutes. I believe they were a little shorthanded, Since I was busy with my stuffs, I wasn't too bothered with the turnaround time. Taste wise, I would rate this at 8/10 .

Breakfast Set

Breakfast Set
The set came with two thick slices of bread, some eggs, baked beans and two chicken sausages. For the price, the portion was decent. 

Bread
The bread was just okay for me. Perhaps a little dry and too thick a cut. I am not sure if that is how it should be but based on my taste buds, it could have been better. This kind of bread goes best with soups and not these kind of sides. I would rate this bread at 6/10 .

Baked Beans & Sausages
The Baked Beans was just okay, not the best of quality. Probably some local brand. I would rate this at 6/10. The Chicken Sausages was not bad, but once again a little too dry. This I would rate at 6/10 too. 

Eggs
The Eggs however were great! Absolutely loved them. Shows the skill of the chef. In the whole set, this is undoubtedly the winner and I would rate these at 8.5/10 . Loved them! 

Overall, a decent breakfast it was. Not sure how their other items would be tasting and it seems like there's quite a bit of complains on their Facebook page, both on the food as well as the staffs. For me, based on today's visit, the staff were great. They were quick and polite. No complaints as far as that was concerned. Food however could have been better for sure. 

Address: Lobby Area, Institut Jantung Negara, No. 145, Jalan Tun Razak,
                50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +603 2691 1060 

4 comments:

  1. again another great review from you bro, thanks
    bro please add my whatsapp 0122796220, will exchange good KL makan place where you can write more reviewsm cheers and have great day, Ganesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thanks Bro and glad that we are connected now. Hope to have that Teh Tarik session soon!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Actually GJC is overall ok. At my previous office at Bangsar South, the ambience and serving time plus the staff were pleasant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. I guess it must just be this outlet then. I have never tried any of their other outlets, perhaps I should do so to get a comparison. Anyway, thank you for your feedback on this. Appreciate it. :)

      Delete