Monday 7 March 2016

Tea PODs Cafe @ Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur

It was late afternoon and I wanted to have some some snacks. Well, in Brickfields we have the usual South Indian food but I was in the mood to try something different. That was when I sighted this cafe that is attached to a backpackers inn. Located along Jalan Thambipillay, Tea PODs Cafe has been operating for a number of months now and seems very popular among those western backpackers. They have been rated positively in many of those online sites both for their hospitality as well as food. That gave me a boost of confidence on the place and decided to give them a try.

Tea PODs Cafe along Jalan Thambipillay, Brickfields

Simple Yet Cosy Homelike Feel

Cutlery And Sauces
I was very impressed with the place. Seemed like a second home. The hospitality of the people manning the place, the ambiance and the way those tourists were chilling and interacting with each other, it was all such a lovely sight. Now I know why this place has been getting so many positive reviews. Even those personalised and friendly banter between the guests and owners clearly showed how comfortable they were with this place. I too was at perfect ease. Books, TV, Live Band, Internet Surfing Stations, everything that one would possibly need was there. It wasn't like a conventional cafe at all. Reminds me of the TV series Cheers.... that was exactly the feel in there. Besides snack and all day long breakfast sets, they do have a good range of dishes to offer both during lunch and dinner. All their breakfast sets were priced at RM 10.00 and I chose one of those sets and it comes with a drink. Once again,  a very friendly experience and no one even pressed me to pay first. I ordered and went over to one of the tables and within minutes, the cutlery and my coffee was served.

Black Coffee with Sugar
A simple cup of Black Coffee served with sugar. The coffee was good, not one of those coffee bag concepts and I really liked it. What I admired even more was the fact that they served these in quality cups and saucers. I would rate their coffee at 8.5/10 .

My Breakfast Set
This set came with a toast, some scrambled eggs, two chicken frankfurters and some sauteed baby tomatoes and mushrooms. Pretty decent deal for RM 10.00 and just perfect for a snack.

Toast and Scrambled Eggs
The toast was perfect, not over done and those scrambled eggs were awesome. Most places would kind of spoil the preparation but I absolutely loved it here. And to make things convenient, it was spread on the toast itself and not as a sides on the same platter. Simple things that make life much easier and I truly appreciate them for thinking about these small things. 

Chicken Frankfurters
These Chicken Frankfurters were not the best of quality but were still good. I mean you can't expect the sky for RM 10.00 and for the price paid, the choice of frankfurters were good. They were perfectly done with skill and tasted good too.

Mushrooms and Baby Tomatoes
These Sauteed Mushrooms and Baby Tomatoes were absolutely delicious. I think they may have done this with a little butter and as a result, it tasted so good. Overall, I would rate this meal at 8.5/10 . Truly worth it and they have around 7 or 8 breakfast sets to choose from. 

Contact Details

Location Map
Good food, friendly people and a great place to chill. And the prices were very reasonable too. Surely a place that I would recommend.

Address: G-6, No. 30, Jalan Thambipillai, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 2276 0858 


No comments:

Post a Comment