Thursday 19 January 2017

QQ Popiah Stall @ Kota Damansara, Selangor

QQ Popiah is a chain of Popiah stalls that is located in a number of Chinese food courts across the Klang Valley. I usually patronise their outlet in Kepong and as I happened to be here in Kota Damansara this afternoon, I decided to give this stall a try. I have tried their Popiah here but that was sometime in the year 2014. When I tried them the last time, I was very impressed with the preparation. With that old confidence in mind, I placed my orders without any hesitation. 

The Stall

Located Inside This Restaurant
This outlet is located in Restoran Big Family which is in Taman Industri Sungai Buloh. A place that is very close to the old Sungai Buloh Road which is also known as Selangor Green Lane. Parking is a huge problem here. So if you're here for lunch, do be prepared to walk quite a distance.

Seaweed Popiah

Crispy Popiah
Previously, they were only selling the Crispy Popiah and now, it seems that they have improvised and added more varieties as well. I am not a fan of Seaweed or Wasabi, so I decided to give those a miss and stick with the basic Popiah as it is. Prices have definitely gone up and I am hoping that the quality has not dropped, especially with all those cost cutting exercises. Even their staffs used to be local Chinese but now, they have employed foreign staffs to run the stall. 

Crispy Popiah @ RM 2.40 per Roll
It wasn't too long for the Popiah to arrive. I ordered two rolls and that was priced at RM 4.80 . One look at the Popiah and I knew that it was a disaster. The art of making Popiah isn't only with the ingredients but also the way it is wrapped. This was so flimsy and untidy looking. In fact, it wasn't appetising at all. I was definitely thinking of calling the girl and telling her to compare this with the photograph that they have displayed at their stall and if this looked anywhere close to that. 

Tasted Very Bad Too
Not only did it look horrible, it tasted really bad too. There wasn't any chili sauce in the Popiah. It was plain dry and the ingredients were coarse and bland. In fact, even the crunchiness that I was expecting wasn't there. An absolute waste of money. I would strongly recommend the management to retrain these staffs manning this stall or else, they would most likely run out of business soon. The last time I tried the Popiah here, it was amazing and this was not even 50% there. As for now, I am definitely not coming back anytime soon. 

Address: 65, Lorong TSB 10A, Taman Industri Sungai Buloh, 47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 0900 - 1500 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment