Monday 18 July 2016

Nasi Lemak Lontong Stall in Restoran Bamboo Bak Kut Teh @ Taman Daya, Kuala Lumpur

I was in Selayang this morning looking for a place to have breakfast and landed here in Taman Daya. Well, geographically this place comes under Kepong but in reality it can be quite confusing. It is not too far from FRIM (Forest Research Institute of Malaysia) and is directly facing the Middle Ring Road. So, I guess it is better to say that it is near Selayang. Anyway, Taman Daya is a very familiar place for me as I used to come here often for dinner. As I was driving around looking for any new restaurants that might have opened recently, I discovered this Bak Kut Teh Restaurant that had just commenced business in May this year. Parking can be a little crazy here and after doing a couple of rounds, finally got a bay behind the market. 

The Restaurant In Taman Daya, Kuala Lumpur
The twist here is that this restaurant serves Bak Kut Teh only for dinner and for breakfast till lunch, there is an Indonesian girl selling Nasi Lemak Lontong and another Chinese stall selling Roasted Chicken Rice. Being a huge fan of Indonesian style Nasi Lemak, I decided to give that a try. 

Local Coffee @ RM 1.50
Drinks are sold by the landlords which is a common practice at most Chinese restaurants in Malaysia. This cup of local coffee was priced at RM 1.50 which is a standard price in the Klang Valley. The coffee was good and not too sweet, just the way that my ideal cup of coffee should be. I would rate this drink at 8/10 .

Nasi Lemak @ RM 3.50
They had a number of add on's to choose from right from Rendang to Lontong and I went for the Sambal Kerang (Cockles Sambal) which is one of my favourites in addition to the usual spicy Sambal Ikan Bilis (Anchovies Sambal). For the price of RM 3.50, it's surely a good deal. 

Super Spicy Sambal Ikan Bilis (Anchovies Sambal)
Firstly, let me talk about the rice. The rice was delicious and the aroma was so good. Great that they weren't stingy with the coconut milk. As for the rice, I would rate it at 9/10 . The fried peanuts and fried anchovies too were fresh and crispy. Again, that was excellent as I have come across many places that serve these items which would be at least three to four days old, sometimes even a week old and they would taste so horrible. The Sambal Ikan Bilis was superb. It was extra spicy, way beyond the usual level of spiciness that you commonly get and I was in love with it. It has been so long that I tasted a sambal that was this spicy. Spicy food lovers would have a gala time having this Nasi Lemak. I would rate their Sambal at 10/10. 

Sambal Kerang (Cockles Sambal)
The Sambal Kerang was also good. Though you can see lots chili seeds in the photograph, it wasn't spicy at all and the blend of tastes that you get from the earlier sambal and this was excellent. As for this, I would rate it at 8/10 .

If you are one of those who loves Nasi Lemak and especially those spicy ones, then this would be a place that you have got to try. Just a humble stall but excellent food at very reasonable prices. I am surely coming back for more.

Address: No. 11, Jalan Daya 14, Taman Daya, 52100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0800 - 1400 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment