Saturday 23 July 2016

Restoran Hijau Daun @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Restoran Hijau Daun isn't a new restaurant in Tanjung Malim, Perak. It has been around for more than 10 years now and they are famous for their lunch spread serving some authentic Malay dishes. Easily twenty plus dishes are prepared daily and the food is very good and tends to sell out quite fast. In the evenings, not many are aware that they also do Malay style Chicken Rice which is very tasty as well. This blog entry is specifically focusing on that dish. 

The Interior Of The Restaurant

Teh O Ais
The restaurant is rather deserted in the evenings with just a handful of customers. One of the reasons is that not many are aware that they also have Chicken Rice sold after 5 pm. Since I was the only customer at that time, my drink and food arrived very quickly.  I ordered a glass of Teh O Ais and it was pretty decent. My rating for this would be 7/10 .

Nasi Ayam (Malay Style Chicken Rice)

Malay Style Chicken Rice
For the price, the portion was good. The set came with a cup of Butter Rice, chopped Roasted Chicken with sauces and some clear soup and it surely looks good.

Butter Rice
Just as it should be, they had served butter rice instead of the usual white rice. The rice itself was so good as it was cooked with butter and ginger and I was glad that they didn't skimp on the ingredients. I could have even eaten the rice on it's own. That good it was. 

Roasted Chicken with Sauces
Oh, the chicken was heavenly. Roasted and then topped with some chili paste and sweet sauce. The meat was succulent and so good. In my opinion, this preparation is anytime better than the other famous chicken rice shop in town, Nasi Ayam Farhani. 

Clear Soup with Spices
Another excellent one though it seemed a litlle oily to me. Health aside, it tasted very good as it was infused with some spices. So good it was that I had to go for another helping and they kindly obliged. Overall, I am very happy with the Chicken Rice here and I would rate it at 9/10 . Surely a dish that I would recommend here. 

Address: Along Jalan Chong Ah Peng, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1030 - 2030 (Closed on Sunday's)

No comments:

Post a Comment