Friday, 5 August 2016

Ali Char Koey Teow @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Those day's, it used to be burger stalls that kept mushrooming everywhere and now, the trend has moved to Char Kuey Teow stalls and this would be the latest one to have started in Tanjung Malim, Perak. 

The Stall Along Jalan U1, Taman Universiti

It Is Right Opposite This Shop
It is a simple stall set up on the pavement. If you're turning into Taman Universiti at the traffic lights, immediately turn left and this would be the very first stall there. Ali is from out of town and his wife studies at the university here. After his office hour job, he opens the stall here daily from around 8.00 pm till 11.00 pm and is also available for private functions. 

Ali At Work

A Simple Set Up
There are no tables and stools here and it's basically take away only. He mainly does the wet style Char Kuey Teow but is able to do the dry style as well. Having wanted to taste them both, I ordered one of each. If one wants to take away large orders, you could also call or WhatsApp him at the number provided below. In a matter of minutes, my orders were ready. Now, time to taste them. 

Dry Style Char Kuey Teow @ RM 5.00
The portion wasn't huge. In fact, for RM 5.00 , I felt that it was like only two thirds of what I should be getting. The ingredients were decent. There were cockles, two large shrimps, beansprouts and some greens. But honestly, it tasted quite bad. The dish was so bland that I had to add soy sauce at home and couldn't even finish it despite having tried to enhance the taste. Nope, a big no from me and I would give this a 2/10.

Wet Style Char Kuey Teow @ RM 5.00
Since the wet style Char Kuey Teow is his famous dish that most people order here, I was hoping that this would be much better. Alas, this was horrible as well and it tasted quite raw. Another disappointing preparation that I would only give a 2/10. 

Though I would wish that he does well in his business, honestly I don't think that this stall would last long. Both preparations tasted so bad and I am generally one who is quite reasonable with my expectations. Fussy eaters would have not even given these ratings. Anyway, if you still would like to try this place out, the details are below.

Address: Jalan U1, Taman Universiti, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 2000 - 2300 Daily

Telephone: +6013 715 3886 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the review bro, since you only gave 2 star,I don't think I will try this ever :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. He he, just as I anticipated, the place had closed down sometime early September. :)

      Delete