Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Restoran De' Daun @ Selayang, Selangor

It was by chance that I stumbled upon this restaurant while looking for a place to have breakfast in Selayang and I am so glad that I did. Before talking through more about my experience here, let me first give an introduction to this place. Restoran De' Daun is located in Taman Paragon Utama, not too far away from the junction that turns into FRIM. If you are driving on the inside road, you can't miss this place as it is clearly visible from the road. They start as early as 8 am and business goes on till around 10.30 pm. Throughout the day, the menu changes. 

The Restaurant Along Jalan Paragon Utama 1

Lovely Designs
The restaurant was beautifully designed and it looked more like a banquet than a day to day restaurant. Breakfast isn't their main business and therefore there wasn't much of a crowd then. The main business starts with lunch where they have a variety of Malay and Kelantanese dishes and then it slows down again for tea and picks up again for dinner. For dinner, they offer both Malay and Western cuisine. I was there around 10 am and as mentioned earlier, it was for breakfast. They only had a handful of dishes like Nasi Lemak, Mee Goreng, Lontong etc and being a fan of Nasi Lemak, I just couldn't resist. The dishes were stacked on the shelves along with some curries. On the side table, as and when the lunch dishes were ready, they too were being placed there and they looked extremely good as well. The staffs were very friendly as if they had known you for years. It seemed more like a usual neighbourhood restaurant as all the customers were joking around and being chatty with the staffs as if they are there daily. That atmosphere was so lively.  

Coffee @ RM 1.80
After having collected my Nasi Lemak and add on, I returned to one of the tables and ordered my drink and in about 1 minute, my coffee was served. There weren't many customers and the staffs were very efficient as well and that made my dining experience a pleasurable one. Coffee was good and the pricing was quite standard. In fact, I must say that it was quite a bold drink and not one that was too sweet. My rating for this shall be 8/10. 

Nasi Lemak Bungkus @ RM 2.00 per packet
It's just the standard Nasi Lemak Bungkus that is on offer here and it's priced at RM 2.00 per packet but it was so good so much so I had three packs. Nothing extraordinary ingredients wise. Just the usual Sambal, peanuts, cucumber and egg but the Sambal was extremely good and spicy. I think, this is surely one of the best Nasi Lemak Bungkus that I have tasted. Just amazing and one that I would highly recommend. My rating for this would be a 9/10. 

Egg Sambal @ RM 1.00 each
They had the usual fried eggs and this Egg Sambal and I chose the latter as one of my add on's. The egg was good and non greasy. This sambal however tasted different to the one found in the Nasi Lemak and taste wise, it contrasted and blended in so well with the other sambal. Again, very impressed and would give this a perfect 10/10.

Even after my breakfast, I sat for almost an hour watching the Malay drama on ASTRO and the staffs had no issues with that. In fact, they even served me some free iced water. I am already falling in love with this place. The food is good, the staffs are amazing and the ambiance is excellent. I don't even mind working from this restaurant. That was how cosy it felt. If you are around Selayang, please do give this restaurant a try and I hope that you'd enjoy the place as much as I did this morning. 

Address: No. 16, Jalan Paragon Utama 1, Taman Paragon Utama,  Selayang,
                68100 Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0800 - 2230 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment