Wednesday 22 February 2017

Javaplate @ Selayang, Selangor

This morning I happened to be in Selayang for an early meeting and by 9.30 am, the meeting was over. That was when I came into Selayang Mall in search of a place to have breakfast. You may be wondering why the mall since there are so many stalls out there. To be honest, I have tried most of the places and for the sake of trying something new, I ventured into this mall. 

Javaplate Located On The Lower Ground Floor
This mall used to be a very happening place in the 90's. Sadly, with all those new malls that have been coming up, this mall sort off lost it's glory. It was in recent years that they had refurbished this place and given it a new look. Still, the old glamour isn't there anymore. Javaplate is an Indo-Malay Warung Concept Stall that is located on the Lower Ground Floor of this mall. In fact, they have taken up a relatively large space. I was here when the mall just opened and the staffs were seen preparing everything.Despite that, they did have a few walks in's who did takeaways. 

The Menu

The Menu
They didn't have too many dishes and I was told that only a handful of their signature dishes were offered at this outlet. Even then, at this hour, only Nasi Lemak was available. So I ordered that along with a coffee. It's all self service here so you place your orders at the cashier, pay for them, and once they are ready, collect the dishes and move to your table. 

Nasi Lemak Ayam @ RM 5.50
Their Nasi Lemak was typically the Nasi Lemak Bungkus which is laid on a plate and served. One could go with the Fried Chicken or choose to just have the Nasi Lemak on it's own. I wouldn't complain about the prices as this is a mall and the entire place is air-conditioned. As for me, comfort justifies the price. 

Spicy Sambal
The Nasi Lemak was really good. Lot's of anchovies, a quarter of a hard boiled egg and the sambal was really spicy which was to my liking. The rice too was aromatic and had that starchy flavour to it. This is definitely a good plate of Nasi Lemak and I would rate this at 8/10. 

Fried Chicken
The Fried Chicken however was horrible. I assume that it must have been fried yesterday evening. The meat was stiff, it lacked flavours and it tasted very cold so much so I left the majority of it as it was a put off. Nope, I would not recommend their Fried Chicken. Perhaps, they may fry new ones later. I do not know as I am just assuming. But this one was definitely left overs. If I were to rate their Fried Chicken, I would give this a 3/10. 

Local Coffee @ RM 2.50
The Coffee was good. In fact, for one that was fixed by an Indonesian girl, it was really good and very close in taste to the ones that we get in Indian Muslim restaurants. I would definitely give this a 8/10 as well. 

Based on what I had tried this morning, their Nasi Lemak is one that I would recommend but please skip the Fried Chicken. That one was horrible. If I get a chance, I would definitely love to taste their other signature dishes that is available for lunch.

Address: Lot LG 03, Selayang Mall Shopping Centre, Jalan SU 9, Taman Selayang Utama,
                68100 Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs are easily accessible and quite enlightening so keep doing the amazing work guys.
    inpatient rehab for alcohol

    ReplyDelete