Wednesday 28 June 2017

Mango Chutney @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

Mango Chutney has been one restaurant that I have wanted to visit for some time now. This restaurant is located at the Club House in Cyber Heights and they are only open on weekdays from 8 am to 9 pm. Fortunately, I managed to drop by one night after work. 


Curries Served In Claypots
I was here at around 8 pm one evening and many of their dishes had already been sold out. What was left was a little bit here and there but I still decided to proceed. This restaurant has a lovely view since it is in the Club House and there's even a swimming pool quite near to the entrance. The setting makes it a perfect place for small parties. In terms of customers, besides us, there was just another customer in the restaurant at that time. One thing that I didn't like here was the music being played pretty loud. Not sure if the staff did that since he assumed that no one would be coming by at that hour but I did inform him and he immediately obliged to lower the volume. 

My Meal @ RM 15.50
I had taken some rice, Chicken Kulambu, Fried Veggies, Cuttlefish Sambal, Anchovies Sambal, Sardine Perattal, some Chicken and a Fried Fish and this lot had cost me RM 15.50 . Well, I would say that this is a very reasonable pricing looking at the number of items that I had taken. 

Cuttlefish Sambal

Fried Anchovies with Potato
Their Cuttlefish Sambal was definitely one that I enjoyed. Quality ingredients were used and the only setback with this was that it was a little salty. Their Fried Anchovies with potatoes was again quite similar. Anchovies naturally have a salty taste and I wonder why they had added more salt to it. The latter was quite bad as it turned out to be too salty. My rating for these shall be 7/10 and 4/10 respectively. 

Sardine Perattal

Fried Vegetable
Their Sardine Sambal was made using quality sardines and this was evident from the taste of the fish. But just like the earlier dishes, this too was slightly salty. I would rate this 7/10. Their Fried Vegetable was good. It was crispy and loved the flavours. This I shall rate it at 8/10. 

Fish Sambal

Chicken
Fish Sambal was a little too soggy for me, probably since it is one that was cooked way earlier in the day. Spicy it was and I believe it would have tasted much better if I had come for lunch. I shall be rating this at 6/10. Their Chicken was good as well. I only took a small piece since I wanted to taste as many items as possible. Taste wise, it was up to my expectations and I shall give it 7/10. 

Chicken Kulambu

Rasam
Their Chicken Kulambu was nothing to shout about. I felt that it was quite watery and would have preferred if it was a little more thick and my rating for this shall be 6/10. Their Rasam however was too salty. Way too salty and being a Rasam lover, I was quite disappointed. I would only give this 3/10. 

Overall, I loved the atmosphere at this restaurant and the fact that they use claypots to cook. Overall ambiance is one that I can't complain since they are located inside a club house. Taste wise, I can see that they do put in a lot of effort in using quality ingredients but sadly, many of the dishes that I had tasted this evening was a tad too salty. That was the only setback and I hope that they do look into that. Prices are definitely very reasonable. 

Address: No.1, Cyber Height Clubhouse,, Jalan Cyber Height, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor

Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 0800 - 2100 (Closed on weekends)

No comments:

Post a Comment