Monday 26 June 2017

Old Buddha Vegetarian Restaurant @ Kajang, Selangor

In the last few months, I have been visiting the vegetarian restaurants in Kajang and sharing my review on those places. The last one that I had not visited would be Old Buddha Vegetarian Restaurant and I am glad that I am finally able to visit them this afternoon.

The Restaurant Along Jalan Raja Haroun, Kajang

Very Simple Set Up
One of the reasons why I had not been able to visit them any sooner was because they open only during the day and that is when I am out at work. Their location would also be another reason I would say. They are located in the heart of Kajang town which is where all the traffic and congestion is centered and being one who hates traffic jams, I would most often avoid such places. Parking is another problem in this area. You would have to go around driving in circles until such time where you can find a bay which has just been vacated. The restaurant itself is quite humble in appearance. Their main offering would be the lunch hour Chinese Mixed Rice and they do have some other dishes for breakfast and tea time. 

Vegetarian Lunch @ RM 6.00
They had close to around 30 dishes and that's good variety bearing in mind that they are a vegetarian restaurant. The dishes range from vegetables to mock meats and everything looks good. I choose to have rice with the above four sides and this came to RM 6.00 . Fairly reasonable I would say since three out of those four are mock meat items which aren't cheap. 

Mock Char Siew

Stir Fried Long Beans
Their Mock Char Siew is one of the top sellers here and I would definitely recommend giving that a try. Lovely texture and the flavours were amazing. Stir Fried Long Beans was good too. I enjoyed the mixture of ingredients and they weren't overcooked. I shall rate the previous at 9/10 and the latter at 8/10. 

Mock Meat With Potatoes

Mock Duck
Mock Meat with Potatoes was very good. The mock chicken added to that dish definitely enhanced the taste. Their Mock Duck is another top seller here and again, one that I would recommend. It tasted so close to the original and the style of cooking definitely contributed to the taste. Both dishes were delicious and I shall rate them both at 9/10. 

Business Hours & Other Available Dishes
If you're looking for a no frills Chinese Vegetarian restaurant in Kajang for a quick lunch, then Old Buddha Vegetarian Restaurant shall be an ideal place. Close to 30 dishes are prepared daily for their mixed rice variety and they do taste good. Prices are very reasonable too. Besides their vegetarian mixed rice variety, they do have one or two noodle dishes as well.

Address: Jalan Raja Haroun, Bandar Kajang, 43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: Mon - Fri: 0700 - 1730 
                             Sat, Sun & Public Holidays : 0700 - 1700

No comments:

Post a Comment