Tuesday 4 July 2017

Hameediyah @ Kota Damansara, Selangor

Hameediyah has been on list of 'To Visit' restaurants for a while now. It is going to be almost one year since they opened this branch in Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya and I have attempted to visit them many times in the past but always some thing comes up and the plan get's postponed. Thankfully, I was able to visit them this afternoon. 

A Beautiful Painting On Their Wall

Located In Sunway Nexis, Kota Damansara
These guy's are the pioneers of Nasi Kandar. Having started in Penang in the year 1907, they are more than a century old and throughout this period, the business had been passed down through many generations and they have successfully managed to keep the standards good. Every time I head to Penang, I make it a point to dine here at least once since I find the food to be really good and I was so glad that they have finally expanded to the Klang Valley. If you plan to visit this outlet, I would suggest parking inside Sunway Nexis and not in Sunway Damansara area as parking is much easier on this side. For now, it is still free and you can easily get a parking compared to the other side which takes ages. 

Iced Tea @ RM 1.60
This restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating areas. Indoors is best as the place is air-conditioned, unless you're a smoker, then outdoors works better. I was here at around 3.30 pm and even then, there was a reasonable crowd at that hour. People were still queuing up but it wasn't that bad. I probably had around 8 people ahead of me. Once I got my food, I then placed my drink orders and walked over to one of the tables. Soon, my drink arrived. Their Iced Tea was nicely done, perfectly balanced between the tea dust and milk and not too many ice cubes as well. I would rate this drink at 9/10. 

My Lunch @ RM 21.80


Since I was really yearning for this, I did go for quite a bit. I choose a mix of curries to go with the rice and along with that, their signature Ayam Kampung Bawang, some Sotong Curry and Mysore Mutton and this lot cost me RM 21.80 . Very reasonable for that heap that I just took. I was expecting the price to be much more because of the brand and location but it turned out to be just this. 

A Mix Of Curries

Mysore Mutton
Just like any typical Nasi Kandar meal, messy is the name of the game here and I too went for a mix of curries. The blend of flavours that you get from that is absolutely exotic and heavenly and it takes a true Malaysian to appreciate this. For me, it was up to my expectations and I would give this 8/10. Mysore Mutton was one that I totally loved. The mutton cubes were just of the right cut size and they were cooked in a thick gravy. Very delicious and I would give this 9/10. 

Ayam Kampung Bawang

Sotong Curry
The Ayam Kampung Bawang was indeed such a huge piece. You can't see it entirely here as most of it had been submerged in that plate. Fried to a crisp and it did taste good. This is actually their most sought after food item and I would definitely recommend going for it. My rating for it shall be 8/10. Their Sotong Curry was good too. Large chunks of cuttlefish and sliced beautifully and cooked in a thick, mildly spicy gravy. And most importantly, they were not chewy like some of those old stock that we get at certain restaurants. Another one that I would rate at 8/10. 


For an original Nasi Kandar meal comprising of Chicken, Mutton and Cuttlefish to be priced at RM 21.80 , I would say that the prices were very reasonable. The food was good and this place surely lives up to it's reputation.

Address: Sunway Nexis, No 1 Jalan PJU 5/1, Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor,                   Malaysia

Opening Hours: 1100 - 2200 Daily

2 comments:

  1. We have been informed and told everyone to everyone. YIP KUM FOOK (lawyer, president of SAMNAK SAMBODHI BUDDHIST TEMPLE) was embarrassed by Buddhism, as a shame of the Buddhist world

    In addition, do dirty with monks. He thinks this temple is his, when we read the articles on the internet, our mind is sadder because of many posts and comments on the internet.

    But he still doesn't know anything. Maybe he is close to the six senses feelings. This is very low knowledge. Some old man groups at Taman Desa Jaya, Kepong are also very embarrassing when they speak about SAMNAK SAMBODHI BUDDHIST TEMPLE

    On the contrary, if this Yip Kum Fook has learned the law, he needs to understand some laws, other lawyers do not make problems and deceive people, only this Yip Kum Fook in the world…..

    In Buddhist also same, if he understands Buddhist knowledge, why does he need to do badly, insult Buddhist monks (rejected monks out from Temple), we know about SAMNAK SAMBODHI BUDDHIST TEMPLE because we are groups opened this Temple at Taman Ehsan on 1987
    We don't say much because of his karma (YIP)

    By Mr Lim, Desa Jaya, Kepong

    ReplyDelete