Monday 11 June 2018

Rudy's Hainanese Chicken Rice @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Rudy's Hainanese Chicken Rice & Porridge Stall has been around for almost five decades and I personally have been dining here for almost 38 years and that was exactly when Rudy took over the business from his parents. The specialty here is his Steamed Chicken along with the Porridge. 

Rudy At Work At His Stall
This stall is located along Jalan Loke Yew, Tanjung Malim and it's just a few doors away from the old Rex Cinema. He starts business at around 11 am and it goes on till around 3.30 pm, most often by then, he is already sold out. Typically the main things that he sells would be Chicken Rice, Steamed Chicken, Char Siew, Rice Porridge and Wan Tan Mee but of course, his top sellers are his Chicken Rice with Steamed Chicken and Porridge. 

Steamed Chicken @ RM 5.00
This afternoon, after having had a heavy breakfast, I was still yearning for his Steamed Chicken and that was why I landed here. I omitted the rice and ordered the above plate of Steamed Chicken for RM 5.00 . This is almost like my staple order here and the moment that I walk in, he knows that this would be my order and straight away does the needful. You could ask for your choice of cuts and he would oblige. If you're looking out on your fat intake, you could even tell that to him and he would serve you skinless meat. That's the kind of personalised customer service that you can expect here. Coming back to his Steamed Chicken, it's truly one of the best that I have tasted. Perhaps, it would not even be wrong if I were to say that it is the best that I have tasted. The meat is so moist and tender and each bite brings out such a juicy taste. My rating for this Steamed Chicken is 10/10. 

Chili & Ginger Sauce
Along with your Steamed Chicken, you have got to try his homemade Chili & Ginger Sauce. It's really spicy and it stings. Taste wise, it's so authentic so much so, it's a treat to spicy food lovers like me. Again, one that I would rate at 10/10. 

If you're in Tanjung Malim or passing by, I would recommend visiting Rudy's Hainanese Chicken Rice stall that is located along Jalan Loke Yew, right in the middle of town. The highlight here is his Steamed Chicken which is simply amazing. Truly one of the best Steamed Chicken that I have tasted. 

Address: Along Jalan Loke Yew, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak.

Business Hours: 1100 - 1600 Daily 

No comments:

Post a Comment