Monday 14 November 2016

Kon Loh Mee Stall @ Bandar Sri Damansara, Kuala Lumpur

Day before yesterday, I had posted an entry about one of the very famous Kon Loh Mee places in the Klang Valley. Today, I shall share another place that makes some excellent noodles that is based in Bandar Sri Damansara. Of course, this place is not as famous as the other one as this is just another stall selling Wan Tan Mee in a day to day coffee shop. Nevertheless, I felt that the noodles was fairly good hence the share.  It's just a simple stall in a everyday Chinese coffee shop located in Bandar Sri Damansara. This restaurant called Restaurant Woh has a number of stalls that are quite famous, namely their Penang Prawn Mee stall, the Char Kuey Teow stall and a Hakka Pork Ball Mee stall. It was by chance that I decided to try his stall as I observed that there were many customers that were placing orders with him and the photographs of the dishes that were displayed looked pretty appetising as well. Before speaking further about this dish, let me give you the directions to this place. To give directions to this place can be quite tricky as there are so many entrances to Bandar Sri Damansara. But to keep it simple, once you see Mc Donalds on your right, turn right at the next traffic light and then turn right again. The first shop at the corner is Restoran Woh. Just follow the above directions and you can't go wrong. Parking is a hassle here and one would need to be prepared to walk quite a bit. 

The Stall Located in Restoran Woh
This guy sells both Curry Mee as well as Wan Tan Mee and from my observation, the Wan Tan Mee orders seems to be more than the Curry Mee and these are basically people that work around this area. So, if it is one that comes from regular customers, then it definitely has got to be good and that was how I was enticed to try this dish. The owner, a gentleman probably in his mid 50's is a very soft spoken man. Despite being busy preparing the dishes, he always looks at his customers and smiles at them when they place the orders. Prices are clearly stated on the side of the stall and therefore there wasn't much for me to ask him and it was a straight forward ordering process. Once done, I returned to my table and waited for the dish to arrive. 

Kon Loh Mee (Small) @ RM 5.50
The Kon Loh Mee was sent over to the table in less than 10 minutes. That's not too long a wait. Honestly, I expected to wait much longer based on the pending orders. Luckily, he's a fast worker. The above dish is the small sized one and it was priced at RM 5.50 . Fairly good portion size for the price. The noodles were extremely good. They tasted very similar to the one that I get in Tanjung Malim. I know the lady back in Tanjung Malim makes her own noodles and I clearly remember the taste as I have been eating there for more than four decades now. Coming back to this, I wonder if they had learned from the same master. One thing for sure was that it wasn't the factory made noodles. That I am rather certain. The texture of the noodles itself was so different and one can easily tell the difference. As for the noodles, I would rate it at 9/10. Another excellent thing or perhaps two about this dish is the fact that he had not been stingy with the sauces and the extremely fresh greens. Looking at the colour itself was so soothing. 

Char Siew Was Good Too
The Char Siew was pretty good as well. Of course this is nowhere in comparison to the one that I had posted a few days back but for a common man's stall, this is considered good. They were soft, medium sized cuts and rather lean meat was used. If I was to rate their Char Siew, I would give it a 7/10. 

Dumplings In Clear Soup
As part of the set, I had also been served some dumplings in clear soup. I had actually counted and there were four Wantons and that's a good deal for the price bearing in mind that this was part of the set and not one that I had added on. The Wantons were fresh and that was a great thing. I really hate it when I am served food items that taste stale. The pork meat however was quite little and the majority of it was the flour coating. Still, I would not complain as it was quite decent taste wise. For this, I shall give it a rating of 7/10. 

In summary, this was definitely a good plate of noodles. Each ingredient complemented each other so well. Definitely a place that I would recommend in Bandar Sri Damansara.

Address: No. 1, Jalan Cempaka SD 12/2, Bandar Sri Damansara, 52200 Kuala Lumpur,                              Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 1500 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment