Friday 9 February 2018

Restoran Chennai Spice @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

Chennai Spice is a restaurant in Cyberjaya that needs no introduction. I guess, most people in Cyberjaya have visited them at least once in the past. I too have visited them numerous times and those were during lunch hours. This is the only South Indian restaurant in Cyberjaya that is open 24 Hours daily. The others are predominantly Indian Muslim Restaurants and those looking for authentic South Indian flavours in the wee hours of the night would definitely come here. Today, I am here for dinner and instead of going for usual fare like Tosai, Idli, Appam etc, I decided to try their Nasi Lemak for a change. 

Nasi Lemak Bungkus

Huge Portions

Generous With The Sambal Too

Fresh And Tasty
Their Nasi Lemak Bungkus is probably two and a half times larger than the standard ones that you would get and the price is RM 3.00 each which I felt to be quite reasonable. Flavours wise, it's very Indian and lots of spices had been used to prepare the Sambal. There were lot's of Fried Peanuts as well and they too were fresh and crunchy. There's a huge, thinly fried egg that covers the entire Nasi Lemak packet as well. This I felt was a tad too thin. If they wanted to limit the egg used, that's fine but don't fry it to such a thin layer as it seems like you don't really get an egg taste to it. Overall, I would say that it was a good packet of Nasi Lemak. Very Indianised flavours and is not to be compared to the Malaysian version of this dish. My rating for this shall be 8/10.  

Fried Chicken

Teh Tarik
I had also ordered a piece of Fried Chicken. Despite having told that guy to freshly fry, he brought one that was fried hours ago. Well, I just didn't want to say anything and continued eating. Having been fried hours ago, the Fried Chicken just did not taste quite right. It had lost all it's juiciness and the fact that he heated it up in the microwave minutes before serving just made it worse. For me, it tasted like plain tasteless fiber. It was so bad that I decided to just leave it. My rating for this shall be 3/10. If only it had been freshly fried, I am sure it would have tasted way better. To water down my meal, I ordered a glass of Teh Tarik and as always, this was good. My rating for this shall be 8/10.

Their Nasi Lemak Bungkus is definitely one that I would recommend. Double the size and the flavours were authentically Indian with lots of spices used. Sadly, their Fried Chicken was a let down tonight. Teh Tarik was good as always. If you're coming here at night, I would suggest avoiding the fried items. Though they are supposed to freshly fry them on request, these waiters just find it very lazy to do so and they would always take something that was fried much earlier that day, microwave it and serve you. 

Address: No. 10, Jalan GC9, Glomac Cyberjaya, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor. 

Business Hours: 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment