Sunday 5 August 2018

Lankan Cafe @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor

I have been to Lankan Cafe a number of times and that's mostly for their ala-carte dishes and I have shared my thoughts on the place in my blogs too. I do know that they have this Sunday buffet but never really got the chance to come for that. This afternoon, since I had just the right partner for that, we decided to go head over for their Sunday Buffet Lunch. 

The Restaurant in Petaling Gardens

Located On The First Floor
I have had a number of friends who have come all the way here and not able to find the restaurant. The reason being, most of them only look at the restaurants on the ground level. Please do note that this restaurant is on the first floor, right above Shanar Curry House. 

Buffet Lunch @ RM 38.00 per pax
The buffet spread was good but it's more of a non vegetarian fair. There are vegetarian dishes but it would be a waste if you come solely for those as it no longer seems worth it. For the first round, I went for some crabs, Mutton Bone Marrow Curry, Spring Hoppers and Sothi. The Mutton Bone Marrow Curry was just awesome. Being a buffet spread, you could take as much as you want and me being a mutton lover, I was simply in ecstasy. Taste wise, the thick spice gravy was just superb and I would rate this at 10/10. Their Idiyappam's were good too and that I shall rate at 8/10. Their Sothi was nice as well and again, I shall rate that at 8/10. Their Crab Curry was excellent but the crabs itself weren't fresh. Nevertheless, just for the curry, I would give it 9/10. 


This round, I went for more Idiyappam's as I am not much of a Puttu fan. They also have White Rice for those who prefer to go for that. As for the curry, I tried their Fish Curry and Venthaya Kulambu. Their Fish Curry was off and even the fish wasn't fresh. I would not recommend going for that and if I were to rate that, 4/10 shall be my rating. Their Venthaya Kulambu was good and that deserves a rating of 8/10. There were two types of Brinjals, Kathirikka Paal Curry and a spicy perattal. Both were awesome and I would rate both at 9/10. Of course, I didn't stop here. I also went back for more of their Mutton Bone Marrow Curry because it was just too good. 

Masala Tea & Sukku Malli Coffee

Masala Tea @ RM 6.90
Masala Tea and Sukku Malli Coffee isn't part of the spread and it's an add on that is priced at RM 6.90 each. Their Masala Tea was good but their Sukku Malli Coffee could have been better. Would rate the previous 8/10 and the latter 5/10. 

Some Cakes

Porridge
To wrap up our meal, we also went for some cakes and a little bit of porridge. All the cakes were excellent and I would rate them 9/10. The porridge was too good and that deserves a rating of 10/10. 


If you're in the mood of having a heavy Sunday lunch, then I would recommend heading to Lankan Cafe for their Sri Lankan Sunday Buffet Lunch. It's priced at RM 38.00 per pax and it is truly worth it. Good spread of dishes and the food is delicious. Best to be there at sharp 12 noon since the crowd builds up after that. 

Address: No. 388, 1st Floor, Jalan 5/59, Petaling Gardens, 46000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Business Hours: 0900 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment