Wednesday 8 August 2018

Restoran Kesavan @ Skudai, Johor

We were on the way to Singapore and it was about lunch time that we arrived in Skudai. I tried asking Mr. Google for some recommendations for a good place to have South Indian Banana Leaf Rice Meals and it pointed me to Restoran Kesavan. I did some check on this restaurant and it seems that all the reviews were good and so, here we are for lunch. 

Restoran Kesavan Located in Taman Universiti, Skudai
One good thing about this place is the convenience of parking. The restaurant was open in the sense that you could access from either side and that way, you could park on either street and still get access to the restaurant. It was about noon and the crowd at the restaurant seemed good. I even enjoyed the classic decoration with photographs of all the South Indian political leaders and film stars from the yesteryears. That was something that I have not seen in a long time in a Malaysian restaurant. 

Banana Leaf Rice Meal @ RM 6.00 Plus Mutton @ RM 6.00
Their Banana Leaf Rice Meal comes with three vegetables and free flow of curries. As always, I went for their Sambar and Chicken Curry. The usual Appalam, Pickles as well as Moor Milagai were there as well and the basic set was priced at RM 6.00 which I find to be very reasonable. I ordered a plate of mutton and that cost me RM 6.00 which again was very reasonable since the portion was really huge. 

Vegetables
Their vegetables were good, in fact very good and I totally enjoyed it. They were fresh, not overcooked and taste wise, they were generous with the spices. I would rate their veggies 9/10. 

Sambar

Chicken Curry
Both their Sambar as well as Chicken Kulambu were good. They were not diluted and made using a generous portion of spices and masala. Seldom we find such curries in Kuala Lumpur and both deserve a rating of 8/10. 

Rasam

Mutton Perattal
Their Rasam too was excellent. I loved the taste as it was very authentic. 9/10 would be my rating for their Rasam. The Mutton Perattal however could have been better. The portion versus price was good and they had clearly been generous with the spices. However, something just lacked and the meat itself was a little overdone. My rating for this shall be 6/10. 

If you happen to be in Skudai, Johor and looking for a good South Indian Banana Leaf Rice Meal, I would recommend Restoran Kesavan that is located in Taman Universiti. Excellent customer service, reasonable prices, easy access to parking and great vegetarian food. I did try their Mutton Perattal   and I felt that it could have been better. However, their vegetarian food was excellent. 

Address: Np. 74, Jalan Kebudayaan 1, Taman Universiti, 81300 Skudai, Johor.

Business Hours: 0600 - 0000 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment