Friday 3 August 2018

Restoran Jayna Vilas @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

I have been to Jayna Vilas Restaurant a number of times before this and have always been happy with the food that had been served. Having been convinced that the food is good, I decided to visit them again this evening. 

The Restaurant Located Along Jalan GC 3, Cyberjaya

My Dinner @ RM 11.00
This restaurant is located on the Glomac Cyberjaya side and is visible from the main trunk road that heads into Cyberjaya from Puchong / Kajang. It was a rather early dinner for me and they still had a number of items which are my favourites. I then ordered a glass of Teh O Ais, and went for some White Rice, Mutton Kulambu, Mutton Varuval, an Omelette, some Radish and some Rasam. This whole lot cost me RM 11.00 which I felt was slightly on the high side. Anyway, since I took a little more mutton than usual, I guess the higher prices was caused by that. 

Teh O Ais

Omelette
Their Teh O Ice was decent. It wasn't too sweet and just the way that I like it fixed. As such, I would rate this drink at 8/10. Unlike the usual, their Omelette was a little dry and way too thin. It was so thin that I could not get the feeling that I was actually having an omelette. This surely comes as a surprise since the food here is usually good. If I were to rate this, I would only give it 4/10. 

Mutton Kulambu

Radish Perattal

Mutton Varuval
Their Mutton Kulambu was a disappointment. It was way too diluted and totally lacked flavours that should have been there. I would only rate that at 3/10. Their Radish Perattal was decent. Not to say great, but just decent and I would rate that at 5/10. Their Mutton Varuval was also so so. This again comes as a surprise as they usually do some really good mutton. Again, one that I would rate at 4/10 only. 

Bill For The Day
Jayna Vilas Restaurant used to be one of my favourite South Indian restaurants in Cyberjaya. Their food was really good but today, I was surprised by the food that I had tasted. Food quality had dropped tremendously. I wonder if they had changed their cook or perhaps someone else did the cooking for the day. Taste wise, food was definitely not the same and that is truly sad. 

Address: Jalan GC 3, Glomac Cyberjaya, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor.

Business Hours: 0700 - 2200 Daily

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right! The food is horrible and is priced on the high side. While the service is pleasant their food is totally out. I tried their thosai last time and decided not to visit them anymore. How can thosai be so so wrong and so terrible at an Indian restaurant

    ReplyDelete