Saturday 8 September 2018

Yi Dian Xin @ Changi, Singapore

This evening, I am heading out of Singapore and back to Malaysia. As my work finished late, I was in airport at around 7 pm and I did not have enough time to find something for dinner outside in the city. As I was strolling the waiting lounge in Terminal 4, I came across this restaurant called Yi Dian Xin which seemed new. 

The Restaurant In Terminal 4, Changi Airport



Coca Cola @ SGD 2.50
It seemed like a specialty Cantonese restaurant with a list of food items that seemed decently priced, despite being a restaurant that is located inside the airport. I then ordered myself a drink and started exploring their menu. 












Their Menu had an impressive range of dishes to choose from. After going though it a couple of times, I decided to go for Wan Tan Noodles since that one seemed to be one of those in house specialties. The entire restaurant was very methodical. Right from the waiters to the Captain, each had a specific role and they all played their part very well. 

BBQ Pork Wantan Noodles @ SGD 9.30

Complimentary Clear Soup
The Wantan Noodles itself had a very light texture to it. Sauces were aplenty and they were quite mild tasting, unlike the heavy bodied sauce that we get in Malaysia. Their BBQ Pork had a lovely texture as well. This dish comes with a bowl of complimentary soup. However, there is no Wanton Dumplings in them which is somewhat standard in Malaysia. Nevertheless, the flavours of the soup were good. My rating for this noodles and the Char Siew shall be 8/10. The soup, it would give it a 7/10. 

Siew Mai @ SGD 6.20
I must confess that the Siew Mai was very delicious. In fact, it was one of the best Siew Mai's that I have tasted. Hand crafted and it was very fresh. It was so juicy that I did not need any dip sauce. 10/10 would be my rating for this dish. 

The Bill
The Transit Lounge in Terminal 4, Changi International Airport has lots of good food to offer and one such restaurant is Yi Dian Xin. Authentic Hong Kong cuisine served at reasonable prices. The food is good and the customer service is excellent. 

Address: #02-41, Changi Airport Terminal 4, Transit Lounge South, Singapore 819665

Business Hours: 0600 - 0000 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment