Tuesday 7 May 2013

Nando's @ Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

I am sure most Malaysians are very familiar with Nando's and it's famous Peri Peri Chicken. This entry is not about discovering new eateries but more on recording all my food experiences as it has already become a habit with me since I started food blogging. Just to give some background,  Nando's is a mixed recipe between the Portuguese and the Mozambicans. Originally picked up by the Portuguese who traveled along the spice roads in ancient times, they have infused their Grilled Chicken with the Peri Peri Sauce which they discovered in Mozambique. Since 1983, this has become a franchise concept and now has opened up to various parts of the world. With a brief on the history, let's move on to the entry itself. It was pretty much a team lunch at work today and we decided to head to Nando's which is conveniently located in 1 Mont Kiara Mall that is attached to our office tower.

Nando's at 1 Mont Kiara Mall

Interior of the Restaurant
Tucked in one far end of the mall, this restaurant has a great amount of space to seat at least around 80 visitors at any one time. Our Operations Manager had already made reservations for today's lunch and hence it was pretty smooth for us. When we arrived, the tables were all set and we just had the ordering to do.

The Menu

The Menu
The menu here is simple. It covers a number of items from Appetizers, Mains, Deserts and Drinks but all of these are centering around the usage of their famous Peri Peri sauce. For your preview, the menu is also available online at Nando's Malaysia website. As for the ordering today, we let the Operations Manager do the ordering and he had decided to go for the Jumbo Platter and Full Platter. The Jumbo Platter comes with two whole Chickens and a choice of five large side dishes and is priced at RM 99.00 . The Full Platter comes with one whole Chicken and two large sides and is priced at RM 53.00 . Both of these in total would be sufficient for eight pax which was just about right for us. Well if we needed more, we could always add on later. With these sets, we were given the flexibility to choose the flavour for the Chicken and the side dishes of choice.

The Peri Peri Sauces

Cutlery

Cutlery
I must say that the service at this outlet was pretty fast. It could also be that we arrived here at about 12 noon and at this time we were the only ones at this restaurant. As time passed, the crowd slowly started coming in and by 1 pm, it was full house.

Bottomless Heaven & Earth Ice Lemon Tea @ RM 5.90
Somehow, all of us ordered the same drink. This Ice Lemon Tea is quite famous here and at this price, you get unlimited refills. I would rate this drink at 9/10 . Very refreshing for the heat.

Three Bean Salad @ RM 8.00
This side dish was more like a cold dish. It had a mixture of three different beans and tasted quite nice. I would rate this at 8.7/10 .

Coleslaw @ RM 8.00
This side dish was just about average. I find that KFC does this better. I would only rate this at 7/10 .

Chips @ RM 8.00
This chips was not bad. It had an additional flavour as it was sprinkled with the Peri Peri Sprinkle. Not as good as Mc Donalds fries though. I would rate this at 7.5/10 .

Grilled Veg @ RM 9.00
This was so so only but definitely a very healthy dish. It would be great to have this with the Peri Peri Sauce. On it's own, I would rate this at 6/10 .

Sweet Potato @ RM 9.00
This Sweet Potato was quite nice. It had a strong taste of Cinnamon to it. I really liked this dish and would rate this at 8/10 .

Lemon Herb Flavoured Whole Chicken @ RM 39.90
This was the first time I am trying this flavour. Usually when I am here, I would always go for the Extra Hot Peri Peri. For a change I tried one of this and it was pretty cool. Definitely a great difference to the Extra Hot recipe and it was nice too. I would rate this at 8.9/10 .

Garlic Bread @ RM 8.00
This was another so so dish. I find the Garlic Bread at Pizza Hut to be much better. The spread was very minimal here. I would rate this at 5/10 .

Hot Peri Peri Flavoured Full Chicken @ RM 39.90
Well, this hot is never hot for me and I can always empty an Extra Hot bottle all by myself. Well, that's just for my case and surely varies according to individuals and as this is my favourite, I definitely do not have any comments on this dish. I would rate this at 9/10 .

Potato Wedges @ RM 9.00
This was another one of my favourites. Compared to the Chips which is Shoe String Cut Fries, this was a notch better. I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

I had to leave a little earlier as I had things to attend to and I know the team went on with desert. I do not know exactly how much the bill may have come up to but surely can estimate it to be more than RM 300.00 . Nando's has always been one of my favourite fast food joints and usually I would just go for a single dish of quarter chicken. I took this opportunity to blog on this entry today as the team was large and we had the ability to try a number of dishes which I would not be able to do just by myself and this is an opportunity to showcase more dishes here. Hope all of you enjoyed this entry as much as I did.

Address: Unit G-13, Ground Floor, 1 Mont Kiara Mall, 
                No. 1, Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara,
                50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200

Telephone: +603 6203 0555

Website: www.nandos.com.my


4 comments:

  1. Bom Dia and Greetings from Nando's!

    First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking your time writing about your HOT experience during your visit to our restaurant at 1Mont Kiara Mall.

    It's great to read about your awesome lunch you had with your colleagues.

    If you have any feedback to share with us regarding our food or service, you may do so to our email at peri-peri@nandos.com.my

    We hope your next visits to our restaurant will be a more delightful ones.

    Thanks!
    PERi regards,
    Nando's Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guys!

      Thank you very much for your comments and willingness to accept feedback. Overall it was a great dining experience for us and thank you for asking.

      Regards,
      Venoth

      Delete
  2. I love dining at Nando's and their wedges are definitely something special.I really did love this blog entry and thanks for sharing it with food lovers' like me. I would recommend you to try out his drink there next time if you haven't already.I don't know what it's called but it has pomegranate juice and coke in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip DeNiSe....would definitely give it a try the next time I am there....and it is a pleasure sharing these eateries with fellow food lovers' like yourself.

      Delete