Friday 10 May 2013

Zender's Restaurant & Bar @ Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur

Located on the far end of Block D5 in Solaris Dutamas (Publika), is this lovely restaurant called Zender's Restaurant & Bar. I recently came across this restaurant on the internet as they were doing a number of promotions and announcements on Facebook. I was alone today and was in the vicinity when the heavy downpour started. Not wanting to get stuck in traffic, I decided to rather spend that time exploring this restaurant and the food it has to offer.

Outdoor Seating

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

The Bar Counter
Occupying a corner lot, this restaurant surely boasts of a great space of both indoor and outdoor seating areas. The restaurant is beautifully set to high standards with luxury furniture and decor. Even the toilets had individual TV's in them. I reckon the renovation cost of the toilets alone would have been more than a RM 100,000.00 . It was love at first sight for me. I don't see any reason why anyone would not fall in love with the decor of this restaurant. Well, the staffs were also very attentive and you actually find the owner walking table to table asking about the meals and fraternizing with customers. Their menu too had a great array of western dishes to offer and they were priced just about right. Some may feel that the price paid is a little too much for the portion size but this is more of a fine dining restaurant and I think the price is just about right for the ambiance.

Latte @ RM 8.90
I must say that their Latte was good. Being a coffee lover, I am usually particular about my coffee and I liked it here. I also find that it is quite cheap for such a place. I would rate their Latte at 8.8/10 .

Carrot Soup @ RM 10.00
As for the starters, I went for the above Carrot Soup. They do have other starters available here but I preferred to try something different. The soup was really good. It was pure, thick and delicious. I would rate this soup at 9/10 .

Leg of Lamb @ RM 38.00
This was the main dish that I had ordered. It came in a huge plate and I just liked the presentation very much. I find that they place a lot of importance in the presentation of their dishes here. This Leg of Lamb was served with Roasted Zucchinis, Thyme and Spiced Potatoes. I loved the way they had stacked their potatoes. It was layered slices of potato and eggs and they were beautifully set. The lamb was delicious. Although the portion was quite thin, I was rather happy with this dish and it would be sufficient to a normal eater. Big eaters may find this portion a little small. The meat too was well done, just the way I like it. I would rate this dish at 8.5/10 .

Creme Puff @ RM 10.00
Finally for the desert, I settled for the above Cream Puff. At a single glance, it may seem small for RM 10.00 but it was just nice especially when you have a three course meal like this. It tasted pretty good and with just the right amount of sweetness. I would rate this at 7.5/10 .

Overall, this is a great place to dine be it with family or even for business. The ambiance is absolutely conducive to have discussions and even private functions. Above all, the food is good too. A highly recommended restaurant!

Address: D5-G4-06, Solaris Dutamas (Publika), Jalan Dutamas 1, 
                50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 

Opening Hours: 1000 - 0200 Daily

Telephone: +603 6206 3124

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zenderspublika

No comments:

Post a Comment