Wednesday 14 August 2013

Anje...Nasi Beriani Gam Johor @ Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor

As I was in Bandar Baru Bangi today, I used my GPS to help me locate some good eateries here and it brought me to this restaurant called Restoran Anje...Nasi Beriani Gam Johor. 

Restoran Anje...Nasi Beriani Gam Johor in Bandar Baru Bangi
This restaurant is quite easy to locate. When you exit the Bangi toll on the North South Expressway, just head straight until you sight a Petronas station on your right. You would have to go straight and take a U turn to get back onto the other side and just after the Petronas station, turn in and go straight. You would be passing along some rows of shops and this restaurant is located right at the end of the third row of shops. As it was passed the usual lunch hours, the restaurant was not that packed. It was evident that this restaurant is used to having big crowds during lunch and dinner hours. 

Food Counter

Great Looking Dishes
This restaurant occupies two shop lots and is simple in it's design. At the far end of the restaurant is where the dishes are displayed and you would have to get in line to choose your dishes and then finally walk through to the drinks counter, choose your drinks and then walk along to the cashier. Definitely their main offering here is the Beriani Gam that comes with an assortment of various meats.From my observation, they had Fried Chicken, Ayam Masak Merah, Mutton Gravy, Beef Rendang and Squid for the day. They also have Laksa Johor and Mee Rebus but almost everyone in the restaurant were having the Beriani Gam. Even at this non peak hours, I had more then 10 people standing ahead of me in line. I was told by one of the waiter that during peak hours, the line even goes out of the restaurant with about 50 people ahead of you and according to him, that is a common daily scene. The Jalan Jalan Cari Makan Team had also endorsed this restaurant and their plaque is clearly hung on the wall. Finally when it came to my turn, the guy filled the plate with Beriani Rice, some Rice Crackers, a bowl of Dhall and then I choose my meat of choice. With that I walked on to the drinks counter and then to the cashier to pay for my meal. Then you can walk over to your table. Seemed more like a school canteen concept to me but I guess this is the best way especially when you have huge crowds on a daily basis. 

Mutton Beriani Gam @ RM 8.80

Another Angle 
I ordered the Mutton Beriani Gam as per the above photo. The portion is definitely huge. It comes with big portion of Beriani Rice, large chunk of Mutton, some Rice Crackers, a bowl of Dhall and some Cucumber Acar. I definitely could not finish the full portion and only managed to eat two thirds of it, even when being a large eater myself. The Mutton Beriani came at RM 8.80, Chicken Beriani is sold at RM 7.00 and Beef Beriani is sold at RM 7.50 . Coming to the food, the rice was really nice, the lamb was slightly sweet and cooked to perfection and it was easy to detach the meat from the bone. Even the bones were a delight themselves. The rice crackers went well with the rice and the Cucumber Acar was again pretty good. I enjoyed half my meal with the Mutton Gravy which was very good and half with the Dhall which again was well prepared. My ranking for this dish would be 9.5/10 . 

If you happen to be in this area, this restaurant is definitely very highly recommended. I am sure that their other Beriani's would be great too as everyone there were seen to be enjoying their meals. Their price also seems very reasonable for such a huge portion and the taste again is good. Once again, a great place to visit.

Address: No. 15, Jalan SS 15/1C, 43560 Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 8926 8061

Opening Hours: 1030 - 2230 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment