Tuesday 5 September 2017

Restoran Abirami @ Subang Jaya, Selangor

It has been a while since I checked out the South Indian food scene in Subang Jaya. I was here for a meeting and it was already time for lunch. Having not wanted to go around looking for a new restaurant that I have not visited, I visited a familiar restaurant in SS15 called Restaurant Abirami. 

Restoran Abirami In SS15, Subang Jaya
This restaurant has been around for a very long time. I have visited them some 10 years back and then, the food was good. Hoping for the same quality, I walked in confidently. The restaurant has not changed a bit except for the outdoor seating area which is by the side of the restaurant. It was sharp 12 noon and there was not much of a crowd yet. That being the case, we received priority treatment and very quickly the food was served. 

Banana Leaf Meal Set @ RM 6.00 + Vegetarian Mock Chicken @ RM 5.50
I had gone for their Banana Leaf Meal set which was priced at RM 6.00 . Along with that, I ordered a plate of Vegetarian Mock Chicken Perattal which was priced at RM 5.50 . The set came with three vegetables,  rice, free flow  of curries, Appalam, Moor Milagai, Pickled Mangoes and Rasam. Pretty decent meal for the price. 

Choice Of Vegetables
The choice of vegetables were rather basic and  taste wise, it was nothing to shout about. I felt that they could have been better. Even the fried stuff wasn't  as crisp as it should have been. As far as the veggies were concerned, it was a let down and my rating for this shall be 6/10. 

Sambar

Venthaya Kulambu

Rasam
As for  the curries, I  went for their Sambar and Venthaya Kulambu. Their  Sambar was good. I found it to be sufficiently spiced and it was thick and good. I would rate their Sambar at 8/10. Their Venthaya Kulambu was above average. Definitely had room for improvement and I would rate this at 6/10. Their Rasam was decent and this I would rate at 7/10.  

Vegetarian Mock Chicken @ RM 5.50
For the price, I felt that the portion was huge but taste wise, it was a tad too dry and lacked spices. It would have been better if it came with some gravy as that would have enhanced the taste.  My rating for this shall be 6/10 as well. 

Bill
Overall, their Banana Leaf Rice Meal was decent and taste wise, it was average quality. If there was anything in particular that I really liked, that would be their Sambar. Food  aside, the place was very well managed and the staffs were pretty efficient. Reasonable prices too. 

Address: C1, Jalan SS15/4D, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Business Hours: 0800 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment