Thursday 7 September 2017

Restoran T.Dhiviya Curry House @ Subang Jaya, Selangor

I was looking for a place to have a good South Indian Banana Leaf Rice Meal in Subang Jaya. Having known Mr. Velan who knows the eateries in this side of town well, I gave him a call and Restoran T. Dhiviya Curry House was his recommendation. Having come from a gentleman who knows his stuff well, I had to give this place a try as I know that he would never go wrong with his recommendations. 

The Restaurant Located In USJ 16
This restaurant is located in USJ 16 which is away from the busy side of Subang Jaya. They are located along the same row as Stadium Curry House and parking is ample. We arrived a little past the usual lunch hours and that kind off helped as well in terms of parking.

Basic Banana Leaf Rice Meal @ RM 7.00
Their basic Banana Leaf Rice Meal is priced at RM 7.00 . A little higher than the rest but since the recommendation came from someone who knows his area well, I assumed that it was going to be totally worth it. This set came with three vegetables, free flow of curries, some pickles, Appalam and Rasam. 

Vegetables
The vegetables served were quite basic but taste wise, they really stood out. The Poriyal was my favourite among all three and it was fresh and crispy. My rating for these shall be 8/10. 

Chicken Kulambu

Mutton Kulambu
I tried their Chicken and Mutton Kulambu. Firstly, their Chicken Kulambu was awesome. It was so thick and rich in spices. It has been so long that I had tasted some good curries like these. The flavours were so perfect and I wished that I had a bigger appetite. Mutton Kulambu is another rare gravy these days and I was surprised to find it here. Again, another one that was simply out of this world. Reminded me of the Mutton Kulambu that my late grandmother used to make. 10/10 would be my rating for both these curries. 

Chicken Varuval @ RM 5.50

Goat Intestine Perattal @ RM 6.00
We had also ordered a plate of Chicken Varuval and Goat Intestine Perattal and they were priced at RM 5.50 and RM 6.00 . Portions wise, they were very generous for both the dishes. The Chicken Varuval was above average only for me. It was a tad too dry and the chunks were slightly larger that what I would have preferred. Taste wise, it could have been slightly better too. For this dish, I would rate it at 7/10. Their Goat Intestine Perattal however was super good. It came with some thick gravy and it was a taste to remember. Truly some amazing stuff and I would rate this at 10/10. 

Rasam

Moore Iced @ RM 2.50
Their Rasam again was pretty good. Rich is spices and the flavours were amazing. 9/10 for this. And to cap my meal, I had a glass of Iced Moore which was priced at RM 2.50 . This came in a tall glass and it was good. My rating for this shall be 8/10. 

Bill For The Day
Overall, the food at this restaurant was really amazing. I specifically enjoyed all their curries which was a class of it's own. Hardly you get curries this good at restaurants anymore. The other one that I have got to mention is their Goat Intestine Perattal which again was heavenly. For excellent South Indian Banana Leaf Rice Meal, I would highly recommend T. Dhiviya Curry House. It's definitely an experience to remember. 

Address: No. 11, Jalan USJ 16/2F, USJ 16, 47630 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Business Hours: 0800 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment