Friday 18 May 2018

Assoda Curry House @ Kampung Pandan, Kuala Lumpur

I had visited Assoda Curry House sometime in March this year and was very impressed with the food despite having felt that their prices were slightly on the high side. Nevertheless, the fact that the food was amazingly good, I was willing to pay such prices. It's been a couple of months now and this afternoon, I was craving for some really good South Indian food. That being the case, I decided to drive up all the way to Kampung Pandan again.

Assoda Curry House in Kampung Pandan

My Lunch @ RM 17.00
This restaurant is located along a very narrow lane in Kampung Pandan. Most times, parking can be a challenge and my recommendation would be to park near the house and walk through the Malay food court to get to this restaurant. The majority of their customers are seen to have gone for their Banana Leaf Rice Meals but I did not want to go for that. The last time too, I did the very same thing. What I did was to go for their plate options and take the food items that I really like. This time around, I went for some Rice, Salt Fish Curry(Karuvaattu Kulambu), Mutton Varuval, Fish Cutlet and Sura Puttu (Meen Varai). This lot cost me RM 17.00 . 

Karuvaattu Kulambu

Fish Cutlet
Just like my previous visit, their Karuvattu Kulambu was awesome. Thick and it comes with lots of add on's and the taste is so authentic. 9/10 shall be my rating for this. Their Fish Cutlet was again amazing. It actually tasted like Fish Cutlet and not like some flour like dough. Truly generous with the ingredients and my rating for this too shall be 9/10. 

Sura Puttu (Meen Varai)

Mutton Varuval
Sura Puttu was another excellent dish and they were generous with the spices. Overall an amazing blend of flavours it was. Again, 9/10 for this. Their Mutton Varuval was super good. It won't bewaring to say that this was one of the best Mutton Varuval's that I have tasted. 10/10 would be my rating. 

Payasam

Iced Moor
This afternoon, they also had Payasam which was complimentary. Just the right level of sweetness and it was thick and good. 9/10 is what this preparation deserves. Similarly, their Iced Moor was pretty good as well. Reminds me of the quality that we get at Akka's Food Corner in Segambut. Again, 9/10 would be my rating. 

If you're looking for some excellent South Indian food, Assoda Curry House would be my choice. Prices are high but you're guaranteed to return happy and your taste buds satisfied if not overwhelmed. A must visit restaurant in Kampung Pandan.

Address: 143, Jalan Kampung Pandan, Kampung Pandan, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.

Business Hours: 0700 - 1900 Daily

1 comment: