Tuesday 15 May 2018

Restoran Basil Leaves @ Kajang, Selangor

For those who have been following me for a while, you may have realised that I have blogged about Basil Leaves Restaurant a number op times. But each entry is about a unique food that I have come across at this restaurant. One thing that I love about this restaurant is their innovative mindset. They don't just serve you the usual South Indian food, they innovate and bring you new dishes and this is one that truly excites me. Ultimately, innovative recipes is one that keeps world class chefs going. Just like the rest of my blog entries, this afternoon I shall be blogging about another dish that is new to me that I have discovered at Basil Leaves Restaurant last night. 

The Restaurant In Taman Kajang Sentral

Mutton Masala Thosai @ RM 9.80
We have all mostly tried Masala Thosai's that come filled with Potato Masala stuffings. However, Basil Leaves Restaurant has something that is quite unique that is not commonly found, at least I have not seen this preparation anywhere else before this. This is their Mutton Masala Thosai. At a glance, it may seem quite ordinary but trust me, it is really something. 

Sambar

Mutton Gravy

Coconut Chutney

Tomato Chutney
The Mutton Masala Thosai comes with some Sambar, Coconut Chutney, Tomato Chutney and Mutton Gravy. Their Sambar has always been good. It comes with just the right amount of spices and it's something that I absolutely love. Similarly, their Tomato Chutney is pretty good as well and it's mildly spicy. For me, both of these deserve a rating of 8/10. Their Tomato Chutney however still has room for improvement. It's quite flaky and taste wise, needs more spices to boost the taste. My rating for this shall be 7/10. Their Mutton Gravy is good but a tad too oily. Again, I would rate it at 7/10.  

Thick, Spicy, Masala Gravy
The Mutton Masala Thosai itself is pretty awesome. The gravy is so thick and it comes with lot's of potatoes. Really amazing stuff and it's so good to even have it on it's own. If you;re one who loves mutton, this is a must try dish. My rating for this shall be 9/10. 

Bru Coffee @ RM 2.60

As always, my favourite here is to round up each meal with a lovely cup of Bru Coffee. Although I don't go for the cows milk version, still it's sufficiently tasty. My rating for this shall be 9/10. 


My Bill
Calling all Mutton lovers out there! If you're one who loves mutton, I would strongly recommend this Mutton Masala Thosai which is absolutely heavenly. It's priced at RM 9.80 each. Still, I find it to be truly worth it as it's a treat to your taste buds.Highly recommended preparation from Basil Leaves Restaurant. 

Address: No. 85G & 87G, Ground Floor, Taman Kajang Sentral, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.

Business Hours: 0700 - 2200 Daily 

No comments:

Post a Comment