Wednesday 9 May 2018

Madam Kwan's Restaurant @ Subang Jaya, Selangor

It's been many years since I last visited Madam Kwan's restaurants. Most of the time, I would visit them at their outlet in Pavillion, Mid Valley or the one in Bangsar. If you visit the outlet in Pavillion, then you'd get an opportunity to meet Madam Kwan herself as she is there on most days during peak hours greeting her guests. 

Madam Kwan's Restaurant in Empire Shopping Gallery




This outlet that I am visiting today is located inside the Empire Shopping Gallery that is in Subang Jaya, Selangor. Their set up is pretty posh, though not as posh as the one in Pavillion. The menu seems to have been improvised and lot's of new dishes have been added, of course, their signature dishes are still there. Having not had this for a while now, we decided to go for their Signature dishes, Nasi Bojari and Char Kuey Teow. Another one that is very famous here is their Nasi Lemak. Ordering was a breeze since they were sufficiently staffed and their staffed were very professional in their work. 

Cutlery

Local Coffee Set @ RM 6.90
As always, the presentation is quite impressive here. Even their Local Coffee Set comes with a little tea pot and is good for two cups. I find the coffee here to be decent and my rating for this shall be 7/10. 

Nasi Bojari @ RM 29.90
Their portions are huge and so is the price tag that comes with each dish. Anyway, it's the brand name that we're mostly paying for. Their Nasi Bojari was good as always. The rice, Sambal Udang and even their Fried Chicken, all were good and up to my expectations. If you have not tried this dish, I would recommend giving it a try. It's really good and a favourite here. My rating for this dish shall be 9/10. 

Char Kuey Teow @ RM 22.90
Their Char Kuey Teow is another top seller but unfortunately, I found today's preparation to be a little bland. Not only that, it was a tad too oily as well. The entire dish was a let down and I was literally forcing myself to eat as much as possible. Not a quality that I would expect in Madan Kwan. My rating for this dish shall be 5/10. 

Our Bill
If you're one that has never visited Madam Kwan's Restaurant before, I would strongly recommend giving the place a try and my recommended outlets would be either Mid Valley or Pavillion. Their hot sellers are Nasi Bojari, Nasi Lemak and Char Kuey Teow. If you're at the Pavillion, go during lunch hours. Most likely, you might have to queue up but you get the opportunity of meeting Madam Kwan herself. This outlet that I visited in Empire Shopping Gallery Subang Jaya is not consistent taste wise. Sometimes it's up to expectations and sometimes, like today's Char Kuey Teow, was a let down. Otherwise, their service levels are just excellent. 

Address: UG 09, Empire Shopping Gallery, Jalan SS16/1, SS 16, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor.

Business Hours: 1100 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment