Monday 1 July 2013

Alor Corner Curry Noodle @ Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

Jalan Alor in Bukit Bintang may not be someplace strange to most KL'ites but sadly this is the first time that I am here today and that too by chance. Though I have worked in Bukit Bintang for more than a year, I have always kept it strictly to work as I hate the traffic jam here. But having had a meeting here today right opposite Jalan Alor and having used a taxi to commute in and out, I was fortunate that I had not got to worry about the traffic problem. This is when I discovered a whole street full of eateries. This entry is not about the entire street but about a particular stall that I have tried and would like to endorse here for their great food.

Alor Corner Curry Noodles @ Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

Everyone Seats In Open Space
The set up is very simple. just order your food and head over to one of the vacant tables which were placed on the pavements. This place seems to be quite famous with both locals and tourists as well and with that, you can expect some waiting time before being able to get a table. This stall mainly offers a number of Noodle dishes. They are Curry Mee, Assam Laksa, Dry Noodles, Chicken Slices and Prawn Noodles, Prawn Mee and Meatballs / Fish Balls Soup. Many of these dishes are favourites of mine but since I am alone today, there is just a limit as to what I could eat and so, I decided to try the Curry Mee first. 

Chili Paste for the Curry Mee

Curry Mee @ RM 6.00
All the dishes here cost RM 6.00 per plate unless you have requested for some add on items. What you see above is the standard Curry Mee. This in itself comes with sliced chicken, cockles, tofu and some brinjals. The curry itself is very thick, laden with spices and it was not on the spicy side.  The red colour of the broth is contributed by the lack of coconut milk which is good as it is much healthier. The taste was extremely delicious and this is one of the best curry mee's in town. The Chili Paste that is provided is another excellent preparation. At some point, I was just having the plain chili paste as it was really good. I would rate this Curry Mee at 9.8/10 .

Fish and Meat Balls @ RM 0.70 Each
I also wanted to try some of their Meatballs and Fish Balls and hence I ordered a small portion of the above. Their soup was just average but the Meatballs and Fish Balls were really great. The Meatballs here are made from Pork. Both were fresh and absolutely good. Definitely recommended here. I would rate their Fish Balls at 8.8/10 and Meatballs at 9.3/10 .

Definitely a fantastic place to get a good fix of your favourite noodle dish. I was told that they have been here now for more than 20 years.  It is best to come early as they may sell out fairly quickly. Locating this stall is quite easy. It is the very first stall along Jalan Alor facing the KL Baptist Church. I would surely be returning here soon to try the other dishes.

Address: Jalan Alor, Bukit Bintang, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1700 to the late hours of the night (or until sold out)

No comments:

Post a Comment