Tuesday 13 October 2015

Restoran Ibrahim Ghani @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Restoran Ibrahim Ghani.... this is a restaurant that is very close to my heart. All because of their Mee Goreng. For me, this is the best place in Tanjung Malim for a number of dishes, namely Mee / Mee Hoon Goreng, Rojak, Mee Rebus, Roti Canai and the Roti varieties. There is absolutely no other restaurant in town including Restoran Ghani that is currently being run by his father, that can come close to Khaleel's preparation. I have brought many of my outstation friends here and they simply loved his preparation. If you would like to read about my previous entry on his Mee and Mee Hoon Goreng, please click on this link http://venoth.blogspot.my/2015/08/restoran-ibrahim-ghani-tanjung-malim.html .

Restoran Ibrahim Ghani at Taman Wangsa Utama

Interior Of The Restaurant
Without fail, each and every time we are here, we would keep ordering the same Mee Goreng and Mee Hoon Goreng because it is so good. For a change, I wanted to get out of the norms and try their Rice and Curries instead but my brother wanted to just be in his comfort zone and have their Rojak. So he ordered a plate of Rojak while I walked over to their curries' station to check out what was available for the day.

Iced Water @ RM 0.50

Teh O @ RM 1.30
As for the drinks, I ordered a glass of Iced Water which was priced at RM 0.50 per glass and my brother ordered a glass of Teh O. Nothing to complain here as their Tea is always perfectly fixed. 

Rojak @ RM 3.80

Rojak @ RM 3.80
Their Rojak has always been one of those consistently good dishes. Just look at the colours, that itself should speak a thousand words. Filled with goodness and nothing but goodness, it's a treat to Rojak lovers. Mildly spicy and served in a thick and delicious broth, I would rate this at nothing less than 9.8/10 . Definitely the best Rojak in Tanjung Malim.

My Dinner @ RM 5.40
I took a sizeable amount of rice, Sardin Curry on the left half and Fish Curry on the right half, a slice of Curried Fish and some Potato Rendang style and this was priced at RM 5.40 .

Sardine Curry
This is the first time I am trying his curries and the above is their Sardine Curry. This was prepared with some minced Sardines, potatoes and spices. Somehow, the taste didn't stand out. It had all the right ingredients but just lacked something that I can't quite detect. Above average but not good. I would rate this at 7/10 .

Fish Curry
The Fish Curry was nice but I usually expect much better ones from Indian Muslim restaurants. It was surely rich with spices, they were not stingy with those but just like the earlier one, it lacked that oomph factor. I would rate this at 7/10 again.

Potato Rendang Style
This was surely an attempt that had gone wrong. Too much grated coconut and oil usage ended up killing the dish. In fact in that lot that you see, there would perhaps be three small slices of potatoes and the rest were just grated coconut in that oily preparation. A no to this and I would rate this at 2/10 .

Curried Fish
The Curried Fish was very good. I wonder why they cook the fish curry first, scoop it out and then cook this Curried Fish in a thicker gravy and perhaps, that was the reason why this tasted so good. The cuts were fresh and that contributed to the taste too. For me, this was really good and flavourful. I would rate this at 9/10 .

My Brother
It is true that one cannot be a Jack of all trades and similarly a restaurant cannot be cooking every dish to perfection. They have perfected the art of frying Mee Goreng and making Roti Canai but the cook that had been hired to cook the rice and curries was one that was mediocre. As far as our norms are concerned, I would always recommend this place but for rice and curries, perhaps not. I doubt if I would be returning for the same here.

Address: No. 3, Jalan Wangsa Utama, Taman Wangsa Utama, 35900 Tanjung Malim,
                Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2100 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment