Sunday 23 September 2012

Pho Hoa Noodle Soup @ Tropicana City Mall

Today we were all set to catch the movie Bait and its the 9pm show. Well, since I have managed to get the tickets at GSC Tropicana City Mall, we decided to have dinner there too. When leaving home, I had already made my mind to get my Vietnamese Pho fix at this place. 

Pho Hoa Noodle Soup Restaurant @ Tropicana City Mall
I have been to this restaurant numerous times before. The setback then  was, I usually go alone and hence, am only able to taste the Pho Noodles since the portion size is relatively big. Today, since there were two of us, I was hoping to taste the other items on the menu too.

Lovely Ambiance In The Outlet
This restaurant is located on the 1st Level of Tropicana City Mall. It is at the opposite end from GSC side, though GSC is on the 2nd level. This is my usual marker to locate this restaurant. 

Vietnamese Paper Lanterns
They do not have a very large lot size. Despite that, it is very well organised. I simply love the deco and the warm ambiance inside this restaurant. Coming back to todays meal, well as usual, we were ushered to our table and there was quite a crowd when we arrived. I had already pre decided my orders and for me it was quite fast. The items you would be able to see in the coming photos. As you all may know, the staple meat in Vietnam is pork. This Pho Hoa Noodle chain is an international retail chain and they have adapted to the local regulations very well, country by country. In Malaysia, to attain the Halal status, they do not serve pork at the restaurants. Mostly it is beef and some dishes are chicken and seafood.

Vietnamese Drip Milk Coffee @ RM 6.90
Well, as I am a hard core coffee drinker, surely I would not want to miss the opportunity of having my dose of the famous Vietnamese Drip Coffee. One of the many things that keep me coming back to this restaurant, is their service, it is extremely fast. Food gets delivered in 5 to 10 minutes. 

Vietnamese Drip Milk Coffee @ RM 6.90
Finally, after about 10 minutes when my coffee has dripped in entirety, I can finally taste it and it was very good.

Summer Rolls @ RM 4.50
This is also another one of my favorite Vietnamese dishes. Well, in Vietnam, they call it Rice Paper Rolls. I have tasted this in many places, even in Vietnam. Most often, in all restaurants there, they serve this in one way or another, just the ingredients differ. But somehow, I prefer the one which they make here. It tastes better. I have even had this at Pho Hoa Noodles in Ho Chi Minh City but that has more mint taste to it, this is well balanced to me but however, taste is a very subjective matter and differs to individuals. 

Fried Summer Rolls @ RM 3.90
The above is just another variation from the previous, just here, it is deep fried and the ingredients differ. This to me tastes quite similar to our own Fried Popiah. In fact, in comparison to the earlier one, I would prefer the previous. Nevertheless, this was still good.

Chicken Pho Noodles (R) @ RM 14.50
Finally comes our Chicken Pho Noodles. This time I ordered the Regular size. Last time I was here, ordered the large by mistake and was forcing myself to finish it. Even today, I find the regular portion to be quite big. They should perhaps introduce another small version. The price for this is RM 14.50 and the large is upped by a Ringgit.

Chicken Pho Noodles @ RM 14.50
Well, this dish arrives plain, like the earlier photo. Then we need to customize it according to our taste preference. The waitress arrived with the extra ingredients. Usually it is bean sprouts, mint leaves and chillies. And you add these items to taste that you prefer. To me, this is served perfectly here.

Chilly Paste To Add
Chili paste is also provided along with this noodles. It is quite like our sambal which we have along with Curry Mee, but this, has a Vietnamese touch to it. 

Having Our Pho at the Restaurant
Now, with the starters and main dish over, time to get some desert.

Coconut Ice Cream Cendol a.k.a. Cendol Kam @ RM 7.90
This was heavenly. It is coconut ice cream which is imported and added with the above seen ingredients. It tastes just perfect and right beneath the ice cream, is a layer of palm sugar. A must try here.

Coconut Flam Caramel @ RM 4.90
Our second and last desert item was the above. This tasted exceptionally good, just the portion size was quite small. For me, three spoonfuls and it was like it had disappeared.  Otherwise, the taste was good. Another recommended item here.

On the whole, the total bill including service charges came to RM 62.80 . Not bad for that many dishes and it was a meal worth the money.

Address:
Pho Hoa Noodle Soup Restaurant,
Lot L1-52, 1st Floor, Tropicana City Mall,
3, Jalan SS 20/27,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200

No comments:

Post a Comment