Friday 31 January 2014

Rathaa Curry House @ Bandar Puteri, Puchong

Rathaa Curry House is a popular name in Puchong specifically Bandar Puteri Puchong for good Tamil food. This is their second outlet that is located along Jalan Puteri 1/5 and their first outlet is located along Jalan Puteri 5/1. I have come here many times before as this is one of my favourite Tamil restaurants in the Klang Valley which serves good food though at slightly premium prices.

Rathaa Curry House in Bandar Puteri Puchong

Staffs All Busy

Interior of the Restaurant

Busy even during post lunch hours
This restaurant occupies a corner unit and is located facing the rear side of Giant Hypermarket in Bandar Puteri Puchong. We were here today at around 3 pm and even then, there were many customers still coming in for a late lunch. 

Choice of Seafood and Meat Cuts to be fried
Even as you walk into the restaurant, the staffs are already trying to promote their Seafood and Meat cuts that have been wonderfully marinated and based on your choice, the selected items would be fried and served. We did select a piece of Fried Fish which I would speak about shortly.

Fresh Milk Masala Tea @ RM 3.50
I ordered the above Masala Tea which is made with Fresh Milk. The Tea was wonderfully fixed and had the right amount of spices. To someone who is not used to this, this may seem quite strong but for those who are used to this drink, you would just love it. I would rate this drink at 9.2/10 .

Fresh Milk Bru Coffee @ RM 4.00
Their Bru Coffee again was wonderfully fixed. Any coffee lover would fall in love with this drink. I would rate this preparation at 9.8/10 .

Basic Vegetarian Meal @ RM 6.00 per pax
Their basic vegetarian meal comes with three excellent vegetables, unlimitted rice, papadams, pickles, chutney, fried bitter gourd, some fried pickled chili and a glass of Rasam and all this for the price of RM 6.00 which is very reasonable. Do note that they serve you a glass of warm water when you get seated at your table but you have the right to refuse it as it is a chargeable item at RM 0.20 each. 



The above vegetable was very well prepared and they serve a you decent quantity. I had to stop them as it was too much for me and I did not want to end up having any wastage. I would rate the above vegetable at 8.5/10 .


The Greens was another excellently prepared vegetable. Their supply was definitely very fresh and it was cooked to the right level while ensuring that it was not overcooked. The juices from the vegetable was also intact. I would rate this vegetable at 8.5/10 . 


Their cauliflower was excellent. I really loved this preparation. I feel that it must have been prepared with curd as it was on the sour side. The cauliflowers too were still crunchy. I would rate this at 9.6/10 .

Pickles and others
Besides the vegetables, they also served some pickles, mint chutney, fried bitter gourds and fried pickled chili. Definitely good sides that go well with the rice. 

Mutton Varuval @ RM 7.00
We also ordered a plate of the above Mutton Varuval. Their Mutton was very nicely marinated though slightly on the spicy side and they were all lean meat chunks without any bones. The portion size too was huge. I would rate this dish at 9.4/10 .

Egg Sambal @ RM 3.00
You could choose the number of eggs that you want and they are priced at RM 1.50 each. Though they call this egg sambal, I would say that this is merely egg curry. These hard boiled eggs were served in a very spicy gravy which was delicious. I would rate these at 8.7/10 .

Chicken Perattel @ RM 5.50
Their Chicken Perattel was super good. Delicious chicken chunks were cooked in an extremely spicy gravy and it was a super hit. I would rate this dish at 10/10 .

Fried Tenggiri Fish @ RM 6.00
Their Fried Fish was again wonderfully marinated with spices and fried to a crisp golden brown colour. The Fish, though small and slightly pricey for RM 6.00, was good though honestly not the best fried fish that I have had. I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

Melagu Rasam....part of the Banana Leaf Meals Set
Their Rasam was served as part of the Banana Leaf Meal set and it was once again excellent. Perfectly spiced, it was delicious and went well after a full meal. I would rate this at 9.7/10 .

Payasam...Also Part Of the Meal Set
Besides the Rasam, they also served Payasam as part of the Banana Leaf Meal set. The Payasam was slightly too sweet for me but my friend enjoyed it. I guess I am not much of a sweet tooth after all and Payasam is meant to be sweet. Hence, to give this a fairer rating, I asked my friend what he would rate this on scale of ten and his rating was 9/10 . 

On the whole, this is definitely a great place to have Tamil Banana Leaf Meals. The food has always been great over the years and the service speedy. Definitely a place that I would highly recommend. 

Address: 22, Jalan Puteri 1/5, Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

Telephone: +603 8051 1343

2 comments:

  1. Looks very delicious! hope to go there one day soon! Thanks again Venoth for all your wonderful food reviews...Looking forward to more good eats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome DeNiSe :) This is definitely a great place to try sometime. Some may say that they place is overpriced but my perception is that if the food is really good, then why not. Appreciate your lovely comments!

      Delete