Monday 25 May 2015

Shifon @ NU Sentral, Kuala Lumpur

We have all heard of Cupcake Chic but probably not of Shifon. This is a new brand that has recently been launched by the same group. This brand carries a healthy Japanese recipe of Chiffon Cakes, something that is unique and different to other Chiffon Cakes available out there. 

Shifon & Cupcake Chic Sharing The Same Booth

Separated By Design

One Person Manning Both Booths
This brand has currently only one outlet and that is located on the Concourse Level of NU Sentral Mall, right at the connecting bridge heading into KL Sentral. Currently, this booth shares the same space with the Cupcake Chic booth but is separated by design, though both are manned by the same person. 

A Brief Write Up On Their Cakes

Variety Available

Weekday Specials
Currently they carry twelve different flavours with some of those being their signature ones. The usual price of a cake is RM 7.30 and on weekdays, they are running a promotion whereby you could get two cakes for RM 11.00 . Seemed like a very interesting promotion to me and it is a great way to boost sales on weekdays. 

Cakes On Display

Cakes On Display
They had a little of every flavour, probably have more stock somewhere nearby. I checked out the cakes and they did look good. And they were 6 inches in thickness, just like their promotion.

Just A Curious Look At Their Cupcake Chic Variety

Bill For The Day
Since it seemed like a good buy, I did not want to miss it as my parents do love Chiffon Cakes and this would definitely be something that they would enjoy. I then selected their Charcoal Marble which is one of their signature cakes and another Chocolate Cake. Both in total were priced at RM 11.00 . I believe that you could add some cream at a slight premium but I just did not want to go for that add on as I had a long journey back and the cake would probably turn messy by the time I reach home. While at the counter, I also had a look at Cupcake Chic's variety and it did look good. Probably have got to try this the next time around. 

Charcoal Marble Chiffon Cake

Amazing Texture

Thick And Soft
Their packaging was practical and impressive and very suitable for those who were travelling far. The Charcoal Marble Cake was just awesome and indeed it was very different to other Chiffon Cakes out there. The texture was extremely soft, bouncy, creamy and just superb. I think that I could finish one cake all by myself as it was really good. Children would definitely love this. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Chocolate Chiffon Cake

Chocolate Chiffon Cake

Chocolate Chiffon Cake
This was another excellent one though personally, I would prefer the previous over this. If you're a chocolate lover, then this would be a better choice for you. Same texture applies to this too and it was really nice.I would rate this at 9.3/10 and that's simply because I prefer the previous cakes taste. Quality wise, they were both identical.

I'm glad that I stopped by to get these today. Something very different, unique and great tasting. Perfect for simple tea time snacks and also for children to bring to school. The price i.e. promotional price is also very reasonable and very much worth it bearing in mind the size of the cake. This is a place that I would surely recommend!

Address: Lot CC.10, Concourse Floor, NU Sentral, 
                No. 201, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields,
                50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +603 2276 0775

Email: hi@shifon.com.my

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shifonmy

Website: http://www.shifon.com.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment