Monday 12 March 2018

Cafe Food Chemistry @ Subang Jaya, Selangor

This afternoon, I had the privilege of visiting SS19 Subang Jaya for a meeting and since I was early, I was looking for a place to have lunch. The place that I was was relatively remote and there were only two restaurants there. One was a Chinese Fish Head Curry restaurant which didn't seam logical for me to visit as I would definitely need more than one person to really enjoy the meal there. The other, was this Filipino Cafe that seemed to be selling a number of Filipino dishes and that too the Halal version of it.Weighing the options that I had, I decided to drop by at the latter place. 

The Cafe Located Along Jalan SS 19/1G

Cutlery
This cafe only occupies half a shop. They had a reasonably posh indoor seating area and just one table at the outdoor seating area. Since I wanted to be outdoors, I had to make do with what was available. Nevertheless, service was a crisp and the waiters attended to me almost immediately. 







They have a pretty decent menu which has a mix of Filipino dishes as well as some fusion dishes. Prices are not cheap and at the same time, it won't burn a hole in your wallet. After going through their menu, I decided to place my orders and in less than 15 minutes, the dishes were served. 

Iced Long Black @ RM 8.00

Chicken Adabo with Rice @ RM 14.00
Their Iced Long Black was definitely cafe prices and I was not surprised as this is Subang Jaya. For me, as long as the drink is good, that's fine and true enough, this was perfectly fixed. The coffee was medium bodied and it was crisp due to the iced conditions. Truly perfect drink that went so well with the humid weather. My rating for this drink shall be 9/10. Similarly, their Chicken Adabo with Rice was very delicious. The Chicken was wonderfully slow cooked and the meat was so soft and tender. The flavours of the gravy was authentic as well. My only complaint would be that the portions were relatively small. Otherwise, it was a great dish. My rating for this preparation shall be 8/10. 

My Bill
In summary, this is definitely a good cafe to patronise if you're looking for some good Halal Filipino dishes. Prices are definitely on the high side but still,you're paying for quality services and reasonably good food. If you're in Subang Jaya and looking for some good Filipino food, I would definitely recommend this cafe.

Address: No. 24, Jalan S 19/1G, SS19, 47400 Subang Jaya, Selangor.

Business Hours: 0900 - 1600 & 1800 - 2100 Mon - Sat
                             Closed on Sundays

1 comment: