Sunday 11 March 2018

Star Anise Restaurant @ Kajang, Selangor

Star Anise Restaurant is another South Indian Restaurant that came highly recommended. Having been opened some three months ago, this restaurant has been gaining a reputation for itself in Kajang. They are located in Taman TTDI Grove which is a relatively new housing area and their business hours are from 7.30 till 10 pm daily. 

The Restaurant Located Along Jalan TTDI Grove 7/1

Dishes Placed In Claypots
I guess being somewhat new, only a handful of people know about this place. We were here for a late lunch and they still had a good variety. All their dishes were places in claypots with burners to keep them warm. The restaurant itself had a lovely decor and it was very clean. 

Teh O Ais 

My Lunch @ RM 26.00
The variety that they had was very impressive and I was tempted to try almost everything. The aroma was from each dish was excellent and that is how I ended up having a number of things on my plate. I went for some rice, Kara Kulambu, Prawn Sambal, Mutton Perattal, Cabbage Perattal, Crab in thick gravy and some Rasam and this feast was a mere RM 26.00 . I had ordered a glass of Iced Tea and that too was nicely fixed. My rating for this drink would be 8/10. 

Cabbage Perattal

Kara Kulambu

Prawn Sambal
Their Cabbage Perattal was not overcooked and the cabbage was still crispy. The flavours were good and it was prepared with minimal oil. My rating for this shall be 9/10. Their Kara Kulambu was delicious. It had a good mix of ingredients and lots of potatoes. The gravy itself wasn't watery which again was to my liking and it was rich with spices. Definitely one that deserves a rating of 9/10. Their Prawn Sambal was awesome. They had used some really large prawns and it was spicy and juicy, just the way it should be. This definitely deserves a rating of 10/10. 

Mutton Perattal

Crab In Thick Gravy

Rasam
As expected, their Mutton Perattal was very tasty.A mix of bones and meat it was and it was a total treat. The gravy was so good so much so, I almost wanted to go for another helping. 9/10 would be my rating for this. Their Crab that came in some thick gravy was heavenly. Seriously, the gravy was drinkable. It was that good, perfectly balanced spices and the crab too was so juicy and delicious. 10/10 would be my rating for this. Similarly, their Rasam was excellent. After a long time, I was having some good Rasam and this too is one that deserves a rating of 10/10.

Despite being a relatively new restaurant, Star Anise has started making a name for itself. Their food was excellent and I felt that the prices were quite reasonable. For the number of items that I had taken, it would have cost me so much more in some of those famous restaurants. For me, this restaurant definitely deserves to be on the list of Top 3 South Indian Restaurants in Kajang. 

Address: 23-G, Jalan TTDI Grove 7/1, Taman TTDI Grove, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.

Business Hours: 0730 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment