Tuesday 20 March 2018

Fong Wei Fish Head Noodle @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

Fong Wei Fish Head Noodle must be a relatively new restaurant because previously, this very unit used to be occupied by Hong Hong Chicken Rice which I had reviewed before. Just like what I had expected and in line with my review, they are no longer in business and one of the reasons is that the owners had relied too much on foreign workers to run the business. Quality and taste were below expectations and that had led to their closure. As I drove past this evening, I noticed this new restaurant and I decided to drop in for dinner. 

The Restaurant Located Along Jalan GC 4, Cyberjaya

Neat Looking Interior
This restaurant is located along Jalan GC 4, on the Glomac Cyberjaya side. The interior has not changed much except for the fresh coat of paint, some pictures and brightly lit lights. This is good as the previous one was very dimly lit and had a gloomy feeling to it. 



Iced Green Tea @ RM 1.00
Though the restaurant carries the name Fish Head Noodles, they do have other dishes on their menu. Prices seemed standard to me but the service levels needs to be improved. Even after walking in and having been seated for a while, no body actually attended to me despite many of them noticing me in the restaurant. Moreover, the restaurant isn't that big for a customer to go unnoticed. Nevertheless, after some aggressive attempts at trying to get their attention, I was finally attended to by one of the gentleman there. Clearly, it's a family owned business and everyone working there seemed to be family. Anyway, I was finally done with my ordering and the Iced Green Tea that I had ordered was served. Honestly, the Green Tea was very diluted and it would take one a while to even guess that that's Green Tea. I am sure that you would be able to say the same based on the colour. My rating for this drink shall be 3/10. 

Fish Paste Noodles @ RM 8.50

The Broth Was Delicious

Creamy And Nice
I wasn't in the mood to go for Fish Head and so, I went for their Fish Paste Noodles that is served in the same milky broth. The broth was lovely, seriously it was nice but it would have been better if they had been a little more generous with the pickled vegetables. The Fish Paste itself wasn't great and it was clearly not fresh. For the broth, I would give this 8/10 and for the Fish Paste, 2/10. 


Fong Wei Fish Head Noodle is a relatively new Chinese Restaurant to open in Cyberjaya. If I am not mistaken, this is the only place where you could get Fish Head Noodles in Cyberjaya. Taste wise, I loved the milky broth but do avoid the Fish Paste version as I found it to be not so fresh. Prices are reasonable and the ambiance was lovely. However I do feel that they would need to improve in terms of service levels. 

Address: No.2, Jalan GC4, Glomac Cyberjaya, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor.

Business Hours: 1100 - 2100 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment