Friday 9 March 2018

Restoran Sahana Banana Leaf @ Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur

One of my friends recommend me to visit this restaurant that is located along Jalan Dungun, Bukit Damansara. Apparently, Sahana Banana Leaf Restaurant does some very unique Briyani's which is cooked in Lotus Leaf. Having heard of the concept, it was something that I was very curious to see and here I am today visiting them for lunch. 

The Restaurant Located Along Jalan Dungun

Coffee
This restaurant has been around for about a year now and they are located in Wisma Peristis which is directly opposite the old Wisma MBSB. Finding the restaurant is quite easy and there is an open space parking lot just before this building which makes parking quite easy. The restaurant itself is pretty posh looking. Well, being in Bukit Damansara, they would definitely need to maintain a certain standards in terms of appeal and charm and I felt that they did a great job in that sense. There's both indoor and outdoor seating as well. The staffs were very friendly and attentive to customers needs. In fact, the moment we walked in, we were greeted and our orders were immediately taken. There was no need for us to wait and try to catch the attention of the waiters. In a matter of minutes, our drinks were served. I had ordered a cup of coffee and it was good. Perfectly fixed, not too sweet and it was just nice. My rating for this drink would be 8/10. 

Lotus Leaf Mutton Briyani

Huge Portions
Being a fan of mutton, I decided to go for their Lotus Leaf Mutton Briyani and that too, was served in under 15 minutes from the time of order. The set came with a huge portion of Briyani wrapped in Lotus Leaf and there were two curries and some Cucumber and Onion Raita on the sides. They were very generous with the Appalam too. I am not too sure what the price for this would have been since my friend was the one who had paid for it and he refused to show me the bill. Nevertheless, from the total, I felt that this would have been in the range of RM 20+, maybe close to RM 30 which seemed reasonable to me. The challenge was in opening that Lotus Leaf wrapping as it kept tearing off and bits and pieces of the leaf was getting into the food. Opening it definitely requires a certain amount of skill and I felt that they should have opened it for us. At least, demonstrate it so that we do not get those particles into the food. And again, once I had opened it, I had to carry that huge leaf and find a place to dump it since it was really huge and there was no room on our table. So, they assisting with this would have been ideal. 

Two Curries & Raita

Mutton Briyani
Their curries were decent and it blended well with the Briyani. I would rate their curries at 8/10. Similarly, their Raita was also good and for that too, my rating shall be 8/10. The Briyani itself was sufficiently moist and the mutton came with some really delicious and thick gravy that I very much enjoyed. The amount of meat in the Briyani was quite a lot as well. The flavours were well balanced and neither one overpowered the other. Loved it for sure and my rating for this Lotus Leaf Mutton Briyani shall be 8/10. If you're looking for a unique Briyani, then Restoran Sahaha Banana Leaf would be one that I would recommend visiting. 

Address: Wisma Perintis, Jalan Dungun, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur.

Business Hours: Monday - Saturday 0700 - 1900
                             Closed on Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment